Opening the Trunk on a Dead Battery

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Hey guys,

Just a quick thing I noticed while I was checking out a few civics at a local dealer the other day. The touring model they had in the show room either had a dead or disconnected battery (not particularly uncommon for showroom floor models at this dealer). However, I did notice that with the battery being dead there was seemingly no way to access the trunk space. The button on the actual trunk lid itself didn't open it, the one on the drivers door didn't open it either and the only way I know of to fold down the seats is in the trunk itself. I may have missed a method of entry, as I don't own the car and haven't had a ton of time to actually inspect the options available.

I'm mostly asking you guys for planning purposes as to whether keeping regular jumping cables in the trunk would be sufficient (what good are they if you can't access them on a dead battery?) because there's another method of entry I didn't realize or if it would be wise to get one of those little jumper boxes that could fit in the glove box.

Not sure exactly where this post fit, but I figured "general discussion" should be good. If it needs to be moved then please go ahead or tell me how to do it and I will gladly do so.
Sponsored

Andy Petty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda Civic 2016
Honda Civic 10th gen Opening the Trunk on a Dead Battery emergency trunk open How to open trunk on a 2016 Honda Civic with a dead battery: First, I looked for a keyhole for the trunk. Second, I looked around for an obvious release lever. Third, I looked it up in the manual.(under trunk) Fourth, I Googled it. Voila, here I am. Thanx.
Honda Civic 10th gen Opening the Trunk on a Dead Battery emergency trunk open

Andy Petty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda Civic 2016
How to open trunk on a 2016 Honda Civic with a dead battery: First, I looked for a keyhole for the trunk. Second, I looked around for an obvious release lever. Third, I looked it up in the manual.(under trunk) Fourth, I Googled it. Voila, here I am. Thanx.

OP
OP

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
I'm glad this thread while I was shopping around was actually helpful for some. I felt pretty stupid asking it thinking I must be looking over something obvious. Glad to know others had issue as well lol

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm glad this thread while I was shopping around was actually helpful for some. I felt pretty stupid asking it thinking I must be looking over something obvious. Glad to know others had issue as well lol
Never feel stupid about ANY question you may have no one knows everything especially me lol, that said if you don't ask you'll never know or at least it will take you more time to find your answer plus that's why we have this forum :thumbsup:

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
Anybody kniw how to do this in the hatchback??

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
The manual states to remove a cover and there's a release lever to slide. I cannot find this cover.:dunno:
I found it and was able to get it to work, however it's not his straightforward as the manual makes it look. But it is there I took a photo with my phone and zoomed in to get a better idea and then I stuck my finger in the hole to feel around and eventually found the spot used to small flat head with a piece of tape over it as to not scratch and voila it worked!
Sponsored