Ontario check-in!

1. Yeti

Yeti Member

Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic EX
    Hey gang!

Just signed the papers tonight for the 2016 Civic EX.

I am insanely happy as this will be my first "import" vehicle. Had a Ford F-150, Chevy Impala and GMC Terrain previously.

Funny thing is I am 6'6 and was shocked that I actually fit in this car, so it was a no brainer after seeing all the features. Looking like I wont get it until next week but I am stoked!

thepixelsedge and CdnColin thanked this.
  2. mechatune

mechatune Senior Member

Car(s):
    2.slow
    Strong username to post ratio!

Yeti thanked this.
  3. StewPiddass

StewPiddass Member

Hondroid
    Car(s):
    2016 Civic Touring Sedan
    I'm in Alliston and I just picked up my '16 Touring last week. It's quite the upgrade from my 2014 LX!

mechatune and CdnColin thanked this.
  4. CivicNut

CivicNut Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2011 Ford Escape
    Welcome @StewPiddass and enjoy!

5. CivicMichael

CivicMichael Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
    Congrats on your new cars @thepixelsedge, @Yeti and @StewPiddass!

@Yeti: The nice thing is that even with the front seats pushed back to accommodate your height, there's still plenty of leg room in the rear seats for your passengers. The rear seats are much roomier than my 2006 Civic.

@thepixelsedge: Glad you had a good experience with your dealer and that you got your car on time! I had to call mine 3 or 4 times on the expected delivery date and they kept pushing back the time or didn't call back. When I finally called the third time, they said they had been waiting for me for an hour (even though no one called me to tell me it was ready) so I had to rush over there right before closing and zip through the paperwork. Kind of took some of the fun out of the process.

@StewPiddass (no offence): That's cool that the car would have been made right in your back yard. I love knowing that my car was built here in Ontario. :)

Yeti thanked this.
  6. StewPiddass

StewPiddass Member

Hondroid
    Car(s):
    2016 Civic Touring Sedan
    Yeah, I wanted to get an HCM built car, we're pretty proud of the products we make up here!

NorthernEX-T thanked this.
  7. Touring

Touring Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
    Ive been starting to see them on a much more regular basis. Its funny, the ones i see are either Touring or LX. I've only seen a couple EXs and 1 EX-T, which was an Aegean Blue last week on the 401 in Ajax. This morning at the gas station, i was next to a guy in a MSM Touring and we talked about the car for a minute or two.

8. thepixelsedge

thepixelsedge Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic EX-T
    I work at a Costco Gas Station and im averaging about 1 Civicx every two days coming through our station. I catch Lots of guys in older SIs checking out my car while they pump tho... All the civicx owners also love chatting about their new wheels... Luckily I haven't really heard any complaints about the car from any of them either.

Seems Honda has either fixed most of the bugs or they're shipping the buggy ones down to the US.

EDIT: I have yet to see a Touring or EX-T other than my own EX-T on the road or at my station

9. alphabetzoop

alphabetzoop Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic EX
    I've seen a few EX's around the Square One area and a couple of Tourings closer to the dealership at Dixie/401. Most of them don't share the same enthusiasm in seeing their fellow Civic. Where's the love?

10. Touring

Touring Senior Member

Car(s):
    LOL, i noticed that too. Whenever i pass one, im trying to make eye contact with the driver but they dont seem to notice. Last week I was in the middle of an intersection waiting to make a left turn, so i was directly in front of a white CivicX who was waiting at the red light. I quickly tried to make eye contact with him but he was looking off to the left somewhere lol. Most of the glances and head turns I get are from people driving older Civics

11. Ash2016

Ash2016 Senior Member

Car(s):
    CIVIC 2016 Touring
    Lol. Hopefully it's not me... I always try to connect with civic x on road with one luck so far....

12. NorthernEX-T

NorthernEX-T Senior Member

Wind Technician
    Car(s):
    17 Type R
    Lol I've tried to "connect" as well, been beside other people at lights and they just don't care haha.

13. CivicMichael

CivicMichael Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic Touring (CBP)
    Ha ha, I do the same thing. Most of the people don't look but I did lock eyes with another guy in a silver CivicX a few weeks ago while I drove past his parked car. It was funny how we were both rubber-necking at the same time.

I pulled into this small parking lot in Mississauga yesterday to find two black CivicXs parked across from each other so I had join in and take a pic of us all together - one LX, one EX-T (first one I've seen so far) and my Touring. Seems like they're getting more popular. I'm glad I got my caliper covers to help make it stand out among what is sure to be a much more common occurrence.

Three-CivicXs.jpg

alphabetzoop thanked this.
  14. Touring

Touring Senior Member

Car(s):
    Haha, thats awesome. I saw a Coupe for the first time in a Sobeys parking lot this morning. A WOP Touring. There was a middle aged woman sitting in it but she was looking at her phone when i drove by her. Also saw a silver EX at a stop sign. I exchanged a quick glance with the guy in it. Also saw a black LX and a white EX. All in all i saw 4 on a quick trip to the grocery store, including a coupe.

Are your caliper covers from Honda? Im digging them. How much were they if you dont mind me asking?

15. PaperWingz

PaperWingz Member

Car(s):
    2016 WOP Civic EX-T
    Checking in from Ottawa, Ontario! Picked up my WOP EX-T 2 weeks ago on March 21st and I'm in love! I have yet to run into any problems that some others on this forum seem to be having so fingers crossed.

I've seen LX and EX models on the roads here but I have yet to see any EX-T and Touring models; I'm sure there are some though.