Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
3 week owner of a Ralleye Red Si Sedan. KW area. I'm coming from a 2012 Si Coupe. I love my new Civic!
Sponsored

delfonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
checking in once more!

Having the itch to do some light mods to it now. The usual, drop & wheels.

I don't have a lot of experience with this platform so hopefully the forum would be good for some guidance.

Hopefully I can start so by summer time, it'll be nice.

Here's the most recent shot I have of her:
Honda Civic 10th gen Ontario check-in! Messages Image(3049289150)

DallasCRX

First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Honda GL1100 GoldWing Interstate, 1986 Honda CRX Si, 2009 Honda CRF250X, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 2010 Nissan Frontier, 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Checking in from Oro-Medonte. Picked up my '19 TYP Si just before Christmas.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ontario check-in! Capture.JPG

HexSosa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tinted this week 18% all around except windshield and vinyl wrapped chrome grill with Frost Black vinyl

Honda Civic 10th gen Ontario check-in! civic3

Honda Civic 10th gen Ontario check-in! civic2

krazykiwi

Driving on the wrong side of the road
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 1.5 T
Country flag
Blue Hatchback travelling on the 401 east got off at Simcoe st around 11:45pm .. Wednesday Jan 16 wondering if it was anyone from this group ..IF so what kinda exhaust system do you have ,sounded Great !!!

{white Hatchback Here }

Boogs

I like to drive, fast
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si HFP, 1966 VW Type 3 Fastback, 2016 Kia Sorento EX
New 2018 Civic Si HFP Sedan (White Orchid Pearl) 2 weeks owned and loving this thing! Can't wait to put the summer wheels on and see what it can really do since these heavy 17" steel wheels and Michelin Alpin tires aren't doing the car justice.

zztwinzz

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Hey all,

Just got my sport hatch last week. Checking in from Ottawa. Any Ottawa/Gatineau people?

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
Any here in Ontario using Amsoil Signature Series oil?
Further to that, has anyone using Amsoil SS had their dealer put it in for an oil change??

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Trooper

First Name
Larry R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
We've had a few snowfalls lately and I was able to try out the traction control both on acceleration and during panick stops.

When hitting the gas, the tires do slip a little but the engine power is limited to prevent a full on spin. I found that I could hammer down on the throttle and just let the VSA do its job keeping me driving straight and true. The car accelerates quickly compared to my 2006 Civic with similar studded winter tires (Hakkapeliitta 7 and 8). Probably a combo of extra ponies and traction control walking the thin line between spinning uselessly and not pulling hard enough.

Braking was really good with the ABS/VSA seeming to keep me going straight instead of slowly veering off the crowned road. I know you can "stomp and steer" but I always like to test things out and think the torque vectored steering (or what Honda calls it) does something by braking the appropriate corner to keep things moving as per the direction that the steering wheel is aimed at.

One thing I discovered is that the parking brake engages all four wheels and much more aggressively than the ABS system does. Just pull up on the lever to engage and let it go to release, no need to push down or double pull to disengage.

I have yet to test the torque vectored steering in a high speed snowy or icy corner to see what it does. I almost feel like it is doing something on normal wet/snowy roads but it's so subtle I can't tell. I feel a slight correction to the arc radius while turning in a tight corner almost as if I had re-adjusted the steering wheel a little tighter part way through the corner.

Much more winter for testing!
Tillsonburg here. I have found only 1 problem with my 2017 EX-T. The engine is noisy when you 1st start it up and drive it for the 1st 5-10 min's. I don't remember that occurring last year. I have had the recall completed and believe the new adjustments they made is causing this roughness when cold. After that, it's smooth and quiet. I have also snow on steel rims and have found no problems this winter with the larger than normal amount of snow that we have received. I still get between 5.4 to 6.0 average on the highway. Now, this is at 90 km/h on country roads. Very happy with this purchase.

Trooper

First Name
Larry R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Any here in Ontario using Amsoil Signature Series oil?
Further to that, has anyone using Amsoil SS had their dealer put it in for an oil change??

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
It took me a while to find an Amsoil dealer in the 1st place. I now see TSC handles some products, but not all of their series of oils. However no, I just let my Honda dealers install their own bulk oil.

EvildoerTsui

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, 2019 VW Golf
Country flag

Slyclone

Gen X for Gen Xer
First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe PWP(pick up Mar 20, 2019), 2016 Honda Fit EX-L 6M CBP(outgoing), 2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe TW(leased), 1993 Honda Civic CX Hatchback(sold)
Vehicle Showcase
coming very soon: PWP Coupe Si in Kitchener.

They definitely don't give them away anymore.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ontario check-in! 20190314_175438

Canadian_FC1

First Name
Xavier De S.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan FC1
Country flag
Hi everyone my name is Xavier I'm new here, I'm from Brampton and I got a 2017 Civic Si Sedan about two weeks ago. And I've been loving every moment of it. I grew around civics, my mom had a 99 Civic Si coupe, My uncle had a couple eg sedans, another uncle had an em2 sedan. I'm excited to be joining this awesome community and looking forward to sharing my car and the modifications I make to it in the future!

Snapchat-1069805071.jpg
Snapchat-318645984.jpg
IMG_20190209_125620794.jpg
Sponsored