Ontario check-in!

TDOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring Sedan
Guess I should add this here as well seeing as how you are ones who I can actually rely on in terms of real-world performance ;)

Hello Civic Nation! And Canadian Civic Nation!:beer: Picked up my WOP Touring early this morning... WOW. Coming from a 2000 Civic that I got as a gift in high school now in my mid 20s and this was my first "real" new car purchase so I had done a lot of research. Caught wind of the new design early on in the process, and so this site and others were very helpful in filling in all the little details. Hope to post some pictures in the coming days. Got about 100km on her now (mostly highway) and I can say that this car is FUN to drive.

On a side note, I do consider myself to be fairly tech-savvy, but this car has so many things going on inside that I think it's going to take me a little while to learn it all... any new owners feeling/felt the same?
Sponsored

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
Guess I should add this here as well seeing as how you are ones who I can actually rely on in terms of real-world performance ;)

Hello Civic Nation! And Canadian Civic Nation!:beer: Picked up my WOP Touring early this morning... WOW. Coming from a 2000 Civic that I got as a gift in high school now in my mid 20s and this was my first "real" new car purchase so I had done a lot of research. Caught wind of the new design early on in the process, and so this site and others were very helpful in filling in all the little details. Hope to post some pictures in the coming days. Got about 100km on her now (mostly highway) and I can say that this car is FUN to drive.

On a side note, I do consider myself to be fairly tech-savvy, but this car has so many things going on inside that I think it's going to take me a little while to learn it all... any new owners feeling/felt the same?
Welcome to the forum. 4200 kms on mine so far and I still can't wait for the next reason to go for a rip! I went from a 2006 Civic to this Touring so I know the feeling of learning the new tech. I just keep reading the CD manual and pick up something new almost every time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CdnColin

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome TDOT, you lucky *#%}?!. The VIN# better not end 101000. That 1.5 Turbo is sleeper quick isn't it.

sunny786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda CRV
Fellow Ontarions, Good to see a dedicated thread :thumbsup:

Finally the EX-T trims have arrived in the GTA, a few dealers now have ~5 each... Booked a test drive - although a formality, wanted to see the exact trim I want and drive it for myself before I buy it...

Unhaggle says invoice pricing on EX-T is $23,366 ($1,624 below $24,990 MSRP).

I will getting the 6yr/100k Honda Plus warranty (i think it's ~$1,000), winters on steelies ($1,200), tint (~200) and paint protection (~300) - will wait for WeatherTech floor mats.

Planning on starting the negotiation ~1200 below MSRP... let's see how far I get.

How was your negotiation experience?
Did you get a decent discount?
How much?
Any idea on Honda Plus extended warranty pricing?
How much was out of door price including all in? I paid in Alberta for EX-T (sensing) $26,200 includind everything.

TDOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring Sedan
Welcome TDOT, you lucky *#%}?!. The VIN# better not end 101000. That 1.5 Turbo is sleeper quick isn't it.
Unfortunately not I'm in the 103s... put $500 down about 2.5 weeks ago with a delivery ETA of 12/09 and sure enough she was there that day. Scheduling and a Raptors home stand have kept me from getting my hands on her so I was super excited for this weekend.

After many years of having to what sometimes felt like flooring it in my old Civic the pep in the new one has gotten me a bit giddy

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
Seriously look at the Touring for an extra $2000. It took me a couple days of comparing the specs to be convinced to go for it and I don't regret it. I quit smoking just to be able to afford the extra $10 a week. On the 2.5hr drive home from the dealer and after playing with all the Sensing stuff I took a break and just drove the car. I put on some 30 year old feel good music, turned up the radio and had one of those rare "holy crap, I'm in love" ear to ear smiles on my face for the next 100 kilometers. The wife loves the heated leather seats, you should have seen the smile on HER face during the test drive. I have 3600 kms on it so far and average 6.8L/100km with 95% spirited highway travelling. On a 1200km Toronto trip I averaged 5.8L/100km with regular driving at 10 to 15km over the speed limit.

A childhood friend sold me the car, not much negotiation on the vehicle's MSRP (apart from included block heater) knowing the situation with the new model, high early adopter interest, and great deal compared to US pricing. I did get $175 off on the 7yr/200km extended warranty's online pricing, deal on all weather package and a lot of free Honda stuff from my buddy. You have a great price for the tint, I'm paying $300 in North Bay. I paid $500 for paint and interior protection with 10 year warranty. Good idea to wait for the WeatherTech mats, Honda's are plasticky and a little underwhelming.

Whatever you end up with, don't look back and drive the crap out of it! I'm planning on enjoying mine for the next ten years as I did with my 2006 Civic EX.
At first I was set on EX - meets my needs... Then wanted the Turbo... Then thought, "For a Few Dollars More" I'll go for it and I'll also get the Sensing Suite... Now, going for Touring would add another 2K...

Honestly, I was not a huge fan leather seats on '09 Civic EX-L Coupe - freezing in winter, smoldering hot in summer (although the heated seats warm up quick, but no remedy for summer), and don't really need the Nav (as long as we have CarPlay, and I heard Waze will probably be added to Carplay soon).

All said and done, if I get a better deal on Touring vs EX-T, I might just bite the bullet and go for it...

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Welcome!

Yup, there seems to be quite a bit of tech to learn... and I like it!!!

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How much was out of door price including all in? I paid in Alberta for EX-T (sensing) $26,200 includind everything.
$26,200 OTD is awesome... For me, without any discounts and going on MSRP, in ON we're looking at 30k OTD (thanks to 3.5K just in taxes)

Unfortunately, I had to postpone my test-drive/negotiation appt for next week... sigh, more wait! I will let y'll know how it goes...

sunny786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda CRV
$26,200 OTD is awesome... For me, without any discounts and going on MSRP, in ON we're looking at 30k OTD (thanks to 3.5K just in taxes)

Unfortunately, I had to postpone my test-drive/negotiation appt for next week... sigh, more wait! I will let y'll know how it goes...
For EX-T or Touring?