One year and 30k kms

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I’ve had my 2018 Si for just over 1 year and about 30K kms. I still love the car, just as much fun as it was day 1.

This coming weekend I will do a diy of ceramic coat from sonax. I got it for about $100. Let’s see how well it works. Has anyone done diy ceramic coating? Any tips/feedback?

Also unpopular opinion- muffler deletes suck and so do “pop tunes”...you know the tunes that make it sound like a rally car. They sound obnoxious and not good in my opinion. Everyone seems to be getting them, most culprits in my area seem to get them in their Hyundai coupes. These mods are the new fart can exhausts...now get off my lawn!
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
So I’ve had my 2018 Si for just over 1 year and about 30K kms. I still love the car, just as much fun as it was day 1.

This coming weekend I will do a diy of ceramic coat from sonax. I got it for about $100. Let’s see how well it works. Has anyone done diy ceramic coating? Any tips/feedback?

Also unpopular opinion- muffler deletes suck and so do “pop tunes”...you know the tunes that make it sound like a rally car. They sound obnoxious and not good in my opinion. Everyone seems to be getting them, most culprits in my area seem to get them in their Hyundai coupes. These mods are the new fart can exhausts...now get off my lawn!
Never understood why someone wants their car to fart, be loud, and drone when driving on the highway

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
I've done carpro cquartz on my hatch. The hardest part is obviously not coating itself but paint prep (compounding/polishing). To my surprise, clear coat was on a harder side and it took a bit of compounding to get the swirls out and correct it to the acceptable level. Took me around 2days total from start to finish. Ceramic coatings are the way to go IMO. Never looked back and can't imagine using wax again. Long story short - go for it but take your time and do it right.