One Take - 2018 Honda Civic SI

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
Zack is getting better at these, but he's not quite at Matt's level yet. I do appreciate Zack's commentary on the podcast though.

I had the chance to have Matt drive my old S2000, which was a fun day.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
That was enjoyable. I think he's wrong though on the car feeling wide/big

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That was enjoyable. I think he's wrong though on the car feeling wide/big
How something feels to you isn't something you can really be wrong on. In any case, I'd be inclined to agree with Zack. The Civic is no longer a small car; it's barely smaller than the Accord this gen.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How something feels to you isn't something you can really be wrong on. In any case, I'd be inclined to agree with Zack. The Civic is no longer a small car; it's barely smaller than the Accord this gen.
I am in agreement here. Its as big as my friends 2016 Accord. or at least it seems like it. Its a lot bigger than my IS300 was... and that was bigger than civics of its era. Its no longer a small car like it used to be. Despite its larger size it drives small. I can understand why it was hard for Zach to explain... because it feels big however the driving feel makes it seem small.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I think his review was spot on. It does give the appearance of being too big. But it feels like a small, light and nimble platform as its curb weight suggests.

And I agree, Zack is getting quite good at the off-the-cuff dialogue.

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd been itching for Matt to review the 2017/2018 Si. I'll settle for Zack giving his positive review. It was almost as if he was frustrated at how much he couldn't find wrong with it. Toward the end of the video he seemed as if he was searching for issues he had and couldn't come up with any.

Nice to get validation from TST.

serif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9G Accord V6 Slushbox Sedan
What struck me most is that Zack seemed to "get it". With so many journos being underwhelmed by the Si for any number of reasons, including the engine, the performance delta between it and the "normal" Civic, and the existence of the Type R, it's refreshing to see someone who understands its purpose.
Sponsored