Ok, getting tired of this....

1. saz468

saz468 Senior Member

First Name:
    Stan
    Car(s):
    2018 civic EX-T coupe
    I had a friend that swore up and down about this. He did it to his caddy coupe deville using the cheap turtle wax the paste was and it looked horrible. But he thought it was great

silverrascal and Rickmeister 48 thanked this.
  2. Gruber

Gruber Senior Member

First Name:
    Mark
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
    I'm from the hill people in Tennessee. There is not too much construction here, just nice clean hilly back roads in relatively good condition because of little salt and generally good financial condition of the local governments. I don't suffer from potholes either. I don't go where there might be potholes.

The newer windshields are newer and much lighter than the older ones, so they may be weaker, but often more expensive because of the sensing stuff. When some rock once hit my minivan's windshield when I was driving far from home, it created about a half-inch small spider crack which never spread one millimeter during the next ~15 years until it was traded in. There must be a reason why the only car repair ads I see today on TV are those for Safelite. Windshields might become like tires: a maintenance thing. Business must be very good, not only because of the civics. New thinner glass, new thinner paint, new thinner sheet metal, new thinner AC: all these things create new streams of money flowing from car owners to the manufacturers and service shops. This is the way of today and it is what it is.:yes:

2017touring thanked this.
  3. jcivics

jcivics Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
    Well golly gee whiz, wouldn’t you know it, the median elevation in Texas is quite high, much higher than New Hampshire. Rocks never hit the windshield because there less gravity way up there, the stones are light, that’s it! Wooo weee get along little doggie, looks like I’m movin to Texas boys! TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!

4. Dularn

Dularn Member

Car(s):
    Toyota Camry
    Would having a quality paint job help prevent nicks and scratches? I’ve always wanted to buy a Civic and have it painted orange (a non-factory color).

5. jcivics

jcivics Senior Member

Car(s):
    No the only real way is to get it covered in film. There’s a video on YouTube that shows this process. It costs ALOT. IMO, you’d be better off waiting until the rock chips are unsightly, then buy a new painted hood, rather than the film. Civics not worth it, unless you have a type R you’re trying to preserve

I think the video is Tavarish, he did the fast and furious lambo in orange and the coat is just about bullet proof, they take a key and scratch it as hard as they can, and it’s like untouched! Check it out!

Dularn thanked this.
  6. jcivics

jcivics Senior Member

Car(s):
    Look, your windshields gettin fucked up. You don’t like it? Fuck off. The End.

269ADC7F-086C-45BF-8169-5DC54AAC4316.jpeg

7. saz468

saz468 Senior Member

First Name:
    Stan
    Car(s):
    2018 civic EX-T coupe
    You’re pics reminds me when I was at Walmart a few months ago ( maybe a year) getting washer fluid they had winter formula IT’S SOUTH WEST FLORIDA we don’t need winter formula. Apparently they warehouse screwed up and the person stocking the shelves didn’t notice it

8. OP
    OP
    Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48 Senior Member

MI6
    First Name:
    Overlord
    Car(s):
    2018 civic ex-t
    What strikes me as weird,with all the chips in my windshield,there doesn't seem to be one mark of anything on my headlights. Wish the windshield was made of whatever they are, lol

saz468 and NotSerious thanked this.
  9. jcivics

jcivics Senior Member

Car(s):
    My fog lamps was so bad, I did them with sandpaper and buffed so much, but still big pits. Found out they are only $20 to replace!
    https://www.google.com/search?q=201...j0j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

10. OP
    OP
    Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48 Senior Member

MI6
    First Name:
    Overlord
    Car(s):
    2018 civic ex-t
  11. jcivics

jcivics Senior Member

Car(s):
    I swear I was 100 ft behind the WM truck going 35-40
    No more OEM becus 2020
    That’s 2 in 5 months

BCBA0927-2C99-4124-ACB7-EC12C2693124.jpeg

12. jred721

jred721 Senior Member

First Name:
    James
    Car(s):
    '18 Honda Civic EX, '18 BMW M550i, '13 Mercedes ML350
    Paint really is unbelievably thin on this car, only about 12k miles on mine and there's still little chips all around. In comparison, my our 2013 Benz's black paint is still shining away to glory with just general wear and tear on the paint. That's the only area I can really see where they cheaped out, along with the infotainment.