Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I just found out that Honda has been letting these guys do the paintwork on the 10th gen assembly lines. No wonder the paint sucks...

Honda Civic 10th gen Ok, getting tired of this.... 6eb22bec36426d843d97d1c518efd831_preview_featured
Sponsored

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Makes even more sense getting these civics wrapped, just to hold the paint together

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My windshield took a couple of really hard hits by rocks thrown by trucks, but the damage was actually less than I expected and similar to what happened on my previous car in the same situations, I believe my glass is different from the north american version because the label is not the same. Different story with the paint, which chips too easily. Fortunately the roads here are very clean, the cleaning machine passes once or even twice a day on every road. I learned the hard way that the key is to stay away from construction trucks, especially at night when they overload with gravel. I actually got hit twice while i was 2 lanes away and the rocks bounced on the road, so now i keep at least 3 car lenghts distance or more if speed is higher.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
My windshield took a couple of really hard hits by rocks thrown by trucks, but the damage was actually less than I expected and similar to what happened on my previous car in the same situations, I believe my glass is different from the north american version because the label is not the same. Different story with the paint, which chips too easily. Fortunately the roads here are very clean, the cleaning machine passes once or even twice a day on every road. I learned the hard way that the key is to stay away from construction trucks, especially at night when they overload with gravel. I actually got hit twice while i was 2 lanes away and the rocks bounced on the road, so now i keep at least 3 car lenghts distance or more if speed is higher.
One of my problems is I live near a couple major rock quarries. I have to deal with dump trucks spewing travel most days. It sucks. But, my other cars drove with the same mess and came through with far fewer chips.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
I was replacing my registration sticker on my windshield, and I noticed two small chips :( Going to keep an eye on it, but it's frustrating as I don't drive much at all.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I have a Lunar Silver Civic as well and the paint is sooo weak its not even funny. Car already has multiple chips that I noticed and its only at 5800 miles right now. If its so bad now, I wonder how bad it will be 5-6 years from now?

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had one tiny rock hit the very top of the windshield just below the weather seal and it started a crack that has grown over the course of 5 days. Getting replaced Tuesday but they are making me fight with my agent to get a factory windshield over what safelite uses. I pay to insure the car, I want the same thing that comes off the car.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I had one tiny rock hit the very top of the windshield just below the weather seal and it started a crack that has grown over the course of 5 days. Getting replaced Tuesday but they are making me fight with my agent to get a factory windshield over what safelite uses. I pay to insure the car, I want the same thing that comes off the car.
Maybe the Safelite one is stronger than the OEM

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Maybe the Safelite one is stronger than the OEM
OEM seems to be very weak/soft. Any slight hit with a small particle leaves a small chip.

Good thing that most car insurance companies have policies that cover the windscreen without a penalty. Much more than 10 chip repairs, and it cheaper to fit a new windscreen.

Maybe the Safelite one is stronger than the OEM ??? anyone had theirs replaced and can comment ????

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
OEM seems to be very weak/soft. Any slight hit with a small particle leaves a small chip.

Good thing that most car insurance companies have policies that cover the windscreen without a penalty. Much more than 10 chip repairs, and it is probably cheaper to fit a new windscreen. (Car Maintenance Labor cost are ridiculously high these days !!)

Maybe the Safelite one is stronger than the OEM ??? anyone had theirs replaced and can comment ????

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can suggest to get the Fuyao for chinese market, it seems strong enough for me.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want to see cost cutting head down and look at the new jettas lol

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want to see cost cutting head down and look at the new jettas lol
Right. We are ot but yes that car is really cheap. In china it is sold as a Lavida, which is a step below the Jetta . Mk6.5.2(lol) jetta is still for sale with a small rfacelift, above the new one.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But I agree new cars paint is garbage..i think it has something to do with the epa? Idk I know my 06 acura paint was pretty tough but the civic of that era was garbage lol who knows.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lamin-x sells a lot of protection stuff for our cars that are diy
Sponsored