Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I'm positive of my driving habits I mentioned in the original post that I had my 2016 for a year and a half with ONE small barely noticeable chip .
THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH SOME OF THE GLASS HONDA IS USING AT THIS POINT..
It's certainly possible there's an issue with the glass. Depending on how someone drives or where they drive, they can have lots of chips or no chips, driving in the same place. I was just pointing out that certain driving habits increase the risk of damage to the windshield, so maybe you just lucked out with your first one, but this one is getting its ass kicked. lol.

As for the glass being fragile, it makes sense from the reasoning that there's an increased amount of damage, but on the other hand, they have to meet a specific strength and if it were weaker, it wouldn't pass. It doesn't make sense, unless it's a defect, rather than a trait.

I suggest you (and anyone else as well) complain to Honda and maybe they will post a bulletin if there is indeed an issue.
Sponsored

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
I had a friend that swore up and down about this. He did it to his caddy coupe deville using the cheap turtle wax the paste was and it looked horrible. But he thought it was great
It's common. We call these people <swear word I'm not allowed to say or spell differently that ends in "ing"> idiots. haha.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tend to believe it's the fact there are more SUVs, CUVs and trucks on the road than ever before and our Civic windshields are right in the bullseye for debris that's kicked up by these taller vehicles.

And for the record, I'm super aware of being behind any truck especially commercial trucks and I still got my glass cracked from a stray rock or whatever.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's certainly possible there's an issue with the glass. Depending on how someone drives or where they drive, they can have lots of chips or no chips, driving in the same place. I was just pointing out that certain driving habits increase the risk of damage to the windshield, so maybe you just lucked out with your first one, but this one is getting its ass kicked. lol.

As for the glass being fragile, it makes sense from the reasoning that there's an increased amount of damage, but on the other hand, they have to meet a specific strength and if it were weaker, it wouldn't pass. It doesn't make sense, unless it's a defect, rather than a trait.

I suggest you (and anyone else as well) complain to Honda and maybe they will post a bulletin if there is indeed an issue.
The other thing I'd like to point out, I'm disabled and don't drive very much anymore. For this windshield to be as bad as it is now, in the little bit of driving I've actually done, is pretty bad. At this point besides the actual chips, my whole windshield looks like it was sandblasted on days where the sun is out looking through it.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to replace the glass on my 8th gen a couple times because it would get sandblasted from all the little rocks chipping away at it. It can be the same roads over and over but it doesn't mean the surface won't be different from weather and construction.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I tend to believe it's the fact there are more SUVs, CUVs and trucks on the road than ever before and our Civic windshields are right in the bullseye for debris that's kicked up by these taller vehicles.

And for the record, I'm super aware of being behind any truck especially commercial trucks and I still got my glass cracked from a stray rock or whatever.
When I lived in NY all dump trucks and sand trailers require to have a cover over them apparently in the state of Florida it doesn’t apply every dump truck and sand trailer don’t have a cover so sand rocks and pebbles are blew all over the highway DOT don’t care because their at a circle K shoving a roller dog down their throat

Last edited:

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I lived in NY all dump trucks and sand trailers require to have a cover over them apparently in the state of Florida it doesn’t apply every dump truck and sand trailer don’t have a cover so sand rocks and pebbles are blew all over the highway DOT don’t care because their at a circle K shoving a roller dog down their thoughts
It’s hit and miss here with gravel trucks being covered or not. Even then, these trucks have crap all over their tires and whatever and little bits of debris falls off of them And that’s what I can’t stand. Nor my poor windshield!
Sponsored