Oil Pressure measurement Port. ?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Is there a blocked off Oil Pressure Port on the 10Th Gen Turbo engines. ?

I would have through that for service, repair, maintenance, that there should be somewhere to attach an Test Oil Pressure measuring device, to confirm correct operation of the oil pump and its associated systems.

Maybe those into Track Racing might know, as for that sort of use, oil pressure measurement must be an important factor when pushing the engine to it's limits.

-------------
On my "Christmas List" this year is a years subscription to the Honda Service Website, but I am not holding my breath . Santa know I have not been good this year !!

Anyone already have a subscription ?? :coffee:
Sponsored

boibuddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All that's needed is an oil sandwich plate and the majority of them of have at least 2 ports.

For your application, look for one that has ports which use the same size ports as the oil pressure/temp gauges you will use.
For oil pressure and oil temp, you will need to use two ports.

Also, do your research when it comes to the sandwich plate. Some have been known to leak due to poor fitment and tolerances, even the big boy brands.
Any Honda Civic one will work since they've used the same filter design for the last 30 years.

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
All that's needed is an oil sandwich plate and the majority of them of have at least 2 ports.

For your application, look for one that has ports which use the same size ports as the oil pressure/temp gauges you will use.
For oil pressure and oil temp, you will need to use two ports.

Also, do your research when it comes to the sandwich plate. Some have been known to leak due to poor fitment and tolerances, even the big boy brands.
Any Honda Civic one will work since they've used the same filter design for the last 30 years.
Thanks - especially for the warning about poor fitment.

Hopefully some of the Racing guys on here can recommend a good brand that does not leak, or which ones to avoid. An oil sandwich plate that can stand up to track racing, should certainly be a good choice.

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Which is better - why ?

(a) oil sandwich plate
(b) 3 way adapter for current oil pressure switch.

It would seem to me that once fitted, the 3 way adapter is more permanent, and is less likely to be disturbed and start causing a leak, than something that gets messed with each time you do an oil change and change the filter.
Sponsored