Oil life reset after FlashPro reflash

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Received my FlashPro and applied the CARB +6 to my 2017 Sport Hatchback.

I was planning on changing my oil this weekend and I had the amber wrench on the display and a handful of negative miles in the Minder.

After the reflash the wrench disappeared and the Maintenance Minder (MM) reset to 100% with the B1 scheduled maintenance still there.

When I do my oil change and reset the MM will it be back to normal and clear the B1?

I read somewhere MAP calibrations disable the MM and the oil life is permanently at 100%. I wasn't asked to select AFM or MAP calibrations. As a CARB reflash can I expect the MM to work normally and that the life just reset to 100%
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

I was planning on changing my oil this weekend and I had the amber wrench on the display and a handful of negative miles in the Minder.

After the reflash the wrench disappeared and the Maintenance Minder (MM) reset to 100% with the B1 scheduled maintenance still there.

When I do my oil change and reset the MM will it be back to normal and clear the B1?

I read somewhere MAP calibrations disable the MM and the oil life is permanently at 100%. I wasn't asked to select MAS or MAP calibrations. As a CARB reflash can I expect the MM to work normally and that the life just reset to 100%
I uploaded the Hondata +6 CARB tune and my MM was untouched. If MM reset, my guess is it wasn't due to the tune.

OP
OP

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
I uploaded the Hondata +6 CARB tune and my MM was untouched. If MM reset, my guess is it wasn't due to the tune.
I'm going to reset the MM this weekend when I change the oil and hopefully it clears out the B1 and the oil life will count down normally. I won't know for a few weeks if it drops to 90%.

I'm hoping someone from Hondata will let me know if this was normal (reset MM weekend and go) or abnormal (redo reflash, etc.).

I'm thinking the FlashPro doesn't know how to handle a maintenance overdue (amber wrench) with negative miles on MM and that's how it is after the reflash.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
It doesn't reset it
I have reflashed my ecu over 100 times with no such problem.

You would need to email them or call them for direct support

OP
OP

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
It doesn't reset it
I have reflashed my ecu over 100 times with no such problem.

You would need to email them or call them for direct support
Here are two separate entries in Hondata's FlashPro Help. So it does happen. But my scenario doesn't fit. I didn't select a race calibration (non-CARB?) or switch from AFM to MAP. My concern is that my car is stuck in the 2nd note below where my MM is permanently at 100%.

When switching between an AFM and a race calibration the service maintenance reminder will sometimes trigger. This illuminates the wrench light on the dash and the dash displays 'service A' or 'service B' along with a negative number of miles.

---------------------

3. Determine if an AFM or MAP calibration will work best for you. Generally the AFM calibrations are suitable for a stock vehicle with simple bolts ons, and the MAP calibrations are suitable for everything else. If you're using larger injectors, forced induction or large cams then use a MAP based calibration.

Note that MAP based calibrations will disable the oil life indicator (it will stay at 100%), and when switching from a MAP to AFM calibration the Maintenance Minder will need to be reset.

Last edited:

OP
OP

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
this is a 10th gen civic and not previous gen
I've removed the pictures to reduce confusion. The Help file contains lots of pictures that aren't 10th gen Civics.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind the Flashpro help files cover many, many models and generations. Those blurbs in the help file don't apply to the 10th gen as far as I know.

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag

I read somewhere MAP calibrations disable the MM and the oil life is permanently at 100%. I wasn't asked to select AFM or MAP calibrations. As a CARB reflash can I expect the MM to work normally and that the life just reset to 100%
I have the CARB edition and run the +6 psi with only Hondata mode enabled. I have nothing else modified and my oil life has also reset back to 100 both times I have reflashed so far which is very irritating

Mine is at least counting down and it currently shows 90% life with about 5k miles driven which is obviously wrong.

I'm planning to take it for an oil change around 7k. I'm hoping they don't see the inaccurate oil life percentage as a red flag and decide to run any ECU tests

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Country flag
Just uploaded my Carb + 6 and it did not change my oil life either.

WolfTrax17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Maybe it will correct itself after this next oil change and reset.
I hope so. My maintenance minder currently displays A1 service with 80% oil life with 5100 miles on the odometer

Any suggestions on when I should actually take it in?

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Country flag
I hope so. My maintenance minder currently displays A1 service with 80% oil life with 5100 miles on the odometer

Any suggestions on when I should actually take it in?
What was it before the reflash?

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Country flag
What was it before the reflash?
I wouldn't recommend taking your 1st change to the dealer because they may get suspicious as to why your oil MM is not showing due for a change when that time comes
Sponsored