Country flag

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The longer your runs are the more fuel burns out of the oil from what I have read.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You haven't owned a 3.5 L Nissan yet have you LOL. I usually check about 3 times back to back, that helps clear any residual oil from dipstick tube, I usually have a nice clean line from wet to dry, I find it easy to read. The Nissan on the other hand is still next to impossible to tell we here the oil is after 10 dips
I love my 2015 Murano SL but that dipstick was a PITA to deal with.

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring (Black on Black); 2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
I don't see as much day to day, but maybe you drive more. What oil are you using?
I need to change my statement from my previous post. I guess the dip stick on this car is really a challenge to read correctly because I checked the oil twice since my last post and the oil level is not as high as I saw the first time. In fact, it is maybe 1 mm over the initial fill.

Since I purchased the car used with 21,xxx miles, I changed to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20 around 24,100 miles. Currently at 26,237 and the oil is barely a hair over the initial fill so I guess the oil dilution is there but its is very low.

The car is driven on average 60-80 miles a day. However, since the quarantine in Virginia started 3/14/20, it has barely been driven more than 50 miles.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
hard to get an accurate reading on this dipstick. I usually have to do it over and over a few times to get it right. I think oil gets trapped in the bottom of the tube and gives a false (overfilled) reading. By about the third or fourth try I can usually get an accurate reading.
Sponsored