Oil leaking less than 1000 miles

Soamazen23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX EX
Country flag
Hello,

I have a Civicx ex 2.0 engine. I was wondering if anybody else noticed an oil leak from where the engine meets the transmission area (bottom side). My first guess is a possible rear main seal. When I first got the car with 24 miles I took the underpanels off and noticed some oil from that area. Since I work at a dealer as a Technician (mercedes benz). at worse I figured this was just oil that was probably spilled during the pre delivery inspection. I just cleaned it off. I took the underpanels off yesterday for inspection and noticed the same oil leak with 966 miles. I took it yesterday to honda. it was late so they said they gonna call me monday with an update. Just wondering if anybody else has
Honda Civic 10th gen Oil leaking less than 1000 miles f7febcf4-94b8-482d-b97e-c9e383555bd4
seen something similar.
Honda Civic 10th gen Oil leaking less than 1000 miles ccfa3f2e-6531-48b2-8648-1237eaca3b7f

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Definitely looks like rear main seal - dissappointing, but dealer should warranty that.

I paid $700 on my old car to replace a $13 part -- that fucking rear main seal.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Yes, RMS, ask for an extended warranty after this issue. I would. This is inexcuable.

excavi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I just looked at my ex 2.0 and noticed the same problem. Thanks for the tip keep me posted

OP
OP
Soamazen23

Soamazen23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX EX
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Oil leaking less than 1000 miles ima
I just looked at my ex 2.0 and noticed the same problem. Thanks for the tip keep me posted

I took it to the honda where i bought it and they put a dye underneath to trace "where the leak is coming from" after driving it for another 300 miles they checked it out and said that they couldnt find a leak. They are telling this to a person that works in a dealership as a technician. I know exactly whats going on. The technician that checked out the vehicle did not want to do the work because of the whole warranty pay and him actually loosing money if he does do the job. Although its seepage no one wants to have a car thats leaking. Especially if its new. In another 1300 miles im doing the first oil change on it and ima check it out then. At that point if its like how it is in the picture im taking to the other honda dealer in town. The honda that people actually recommending for service

OP
OP
Soamazen23

Soamazen23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX EX
Country flag
I just looked at my ex 2.0 and noticed the same problem. Thanks for the tip keep me posted[/QUOT

I have a question.. My car was built in Indiana in May 2016. Im just wondering if your car was built in the same plant. This info is in a decal located on the drivers door frame.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
image.jpeg

I took it to the honda where i bought it and they put a dye underneath to trace "where the leak is coming from" after driving it for another 300 miles they checked it out and said that they couldnt find a leak. They are telling this to a person that works in a dealership as a technician. I know exactly whats going on. The technician that checked out the vehicle did not want to do the work because of the whole warranty pay and him actually loosing money if he does do the job. Although its seepage no one wants to have a car thats leaking. Especially if its new. In another 1300 miles im doing the first oil change on it and ima check it out then. At that point if its like how it is in the picture im taking to the other honda dealer in town. The honda that people actually recommending for service
If they did a dye test and there's no leak, it either dripped down from somewhere else and not the main seal, or it's a very, very slow leak.

That being said, why would the TECHNICIAN lose wages for a warranty job? That's not how reputable dealers handle warranty claims at all -- they may have to get prior approval from the manufacturer, but they don't lose a dime.

Since you said you work at a dealership, if the owners are garnishing wages for warranty work that's a shady as fuck dealership and is likely doing other illegal things.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Hello,

I have a Civicx ex 2.0 engine. I was wondering if anybody else noticed an oil leak from where the engine meets the transmission area (bottom side). My first guess is a possible rear main seal. When I first got the car with 24 miles I took the underpanels off and noticed some oil from that area. Since I work at a dealer as a Technician (mercedes benz). at worse I figured this was just oil that was probably spilled during the pre delivery inspection. I just cleaned it off. I took the underpanels off yesterday for inspection and noticed the same oil leak with 966 miles. I took it yesterday to honda. it was late so they said they gonna call me monday with an update. Just wondering if anybody else has
f7febcf4-94b8-482d-b97e-c9e383555bd4.jpg
seen something similar.
ccfa3f2e-6531-48b2-8648-1237eaca3b7f.jpg
Was your particular car part of the piston snap ring recall?

OP
OP
Soamazen23

Soamazen23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX EX
Country flag
If they did a dye test and there's no leak, it either dripped down from somewhere else and not the main seal, or it's a very, very slow leak.

That being said, why would the TECHNICIAN lose wages for a warranty job? That's not how reputable dealers handle warranty claims at all -- they may have to get prior approval from the manufacturer, but they don't lose a dime.

Since you said you work at a dealership, if the owners are garnishing wages for warranty work that's a shady as fuck dealership and is likely doing other illegal things.

Is not that they are garnishing wages. What i mean by the technician loosing money is that The technician is not trying to loose a day or a day and a half doing a job that at most might only pay him 6 hrs being that he's going to get paid a flat rate set by the manufacturer for doing the job. He might physically spend 10-12 hrs on the job and mighy only get half of that. Thats what i mean. In my opinion is a slow enough leak that its gonna take more than 300 miles to see it. Ima just keep an eye on it. Hopefully they are right and im wrong. But being that im planning to keep this car i just want to make sure is in the most optimal condition.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone see this on the 1.5.

One more thing, which is a good thing, It could be the seal primer they use. The line worker used to much and was sloppy.

Check if there is any drips on the floor pan?

OP
OP
Soamazen23

Soamazen23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX EX
Country flag
Anyone see this on the 1.5.

One more thing, which is a good thing, It could be the seal primer they use. The line worker used to much and was sloppy.

Check if there is any drips on the floor pan?

Good point. I really hope that's the case. I checked when I first noticed with 24 miles and also at 966. no mess on the underpanel at all.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good point. I really hope that's the case. I checked when I first noticed with 24 miles and also at 966. no mess on the underpanel at all.
Watch the dipstick closely...check it every say, 150-200 miles for the level going down. I think its the seal primer. I have seen this. Also, if none on the belly pan...I think your ok.

excavi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Built in Indiana Feb. 2016. I am going to keep an eye on this problem. Wish us both luck.
Sponsored