Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So i have decided that a ktuner will cure my feeling of "unsportiness" in sport mode

Ordered it on two step performance website with the stage 1. Now keeping in mind that the car is only 6 months old I was thinking of just running ktuner dual base map and 19.5 in sport mode.

Any suggestions on the changes i should make (revhang delete, BOG, etc) in day to day driving i find the car fun to drive but i woild not mind a little more sharpness but in sport mode i want to feel a difference but don't want to go overboard yet as i am keeping for when i'll feel like changing it (i usually change every cars every 2 to 3 years cause i get bored with them )
My opinion go with a more aggressive map you’re not really using Ktuner with those low settings
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
So i have decided that a ktuner will cure my feeling of "unsportiness" in sport mode

Ordered it on two step performance website with the stage 1. Now keeping in mind that the car is only 6 months old I was thinking of just running ktuner dual base map and 19.5 in sport mode.

Any suggestions on the changes i should make (revhang delete, BOG, etc) in day to day driving i find the car fun to drive but i woild not mind a little more sharpness but in sport mode i want to feel a difference but don't want to go overboard yet as i am keeping for when i'll feel like changing it (i usually change every cars every 2 to 3 years cause i get bored with them )
My suggestion is to do the tri-map setup using a base factory calibration:
  • Slot 1: Factory/19.5
  • Slot 2: Factory/21
  • Slot 3: Factory/23
Optional:
  • Rev hang disable (try soft padding first)
  • Advanced VSA (try light)
Keep all other parameters untouched as they tend to impact fuel economy. Or you can then try tinkering with throttle response and turbo response before stepping up to TSP's custom map. GL

OP
OP
Keropi76

Keropi76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
My suggestion is to do the tri-map setup using a base factory calibration:
  • Slot 1: Factory/19.5
  • Slot 2: Factory/21
  • Slot 3: Factory/23
Optional:
  • Rev hang disable (try soft padding first)
  • Advanced VSA (try light)
Keep all other parameters untouched as they tend to impact fuel economy. Or you can then try tinkering with throttle response and turbo response before stepping up to TSP's custom map. GL
Thanks for the suggestion i will try those settings for sure.

From what i understood even if i keep the factory setting mapping in regurlar there are still improvments over the actually oem map?

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

From what i understood even if i keep the factory setting mapping in regurlar there are still improvments over the actually oem map?
There are indeed improvements in the Factory Dual / 19.5 maps, in sport mode at least. You will reach peak boost sooner and hold it later. I'm in a similar boat as you, not wanting to up boost quite yet but having the TSP Stage 1 tune for later. Here's my recommendation for a night/day difference:

Dual Factory/19.5 base map
Disable boost ramp dampening
Early Spool
Disable rev hang (I turned it back off due to judder and rich AFR, but you may like it WITH throttle padding)
Throttle Response 1 (one tick up from stock)

Map 1: Turbo Response 1/factory
Map 2: Response 2
Map 3: Response 3

You'll notice a difference immediately on hard throttle. I would also recommend the bottom-most VSA option, because it stacks ON TOP OF the factory VSA. Turning traction control off with the button only partially turns off the VSA, Google "CivicX pedal dance" to turn it off completely if you're at a track or want to do a burnout, break traction, etc.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag

From what I can tell, peak boost comes on earlier despite still being under factory limits.

OP
OP
Keropi76

Keropi76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Thank you all for your answers now I can't wait to get my ktuner and playing with it.

OP
OP
Keropi76

Keropi76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
So.... got my ktuner yesterday, even left work early to play with it.........shits and giggles that thing is fun. :bow::spaz:
It's exactly what I was looking for the only problem is now I have to be conservative and stick with the low pressure maps for a while.

Everything here is expensive and I don't feel like dropping over $1000 on a clutch for the moment :eek:

Just removing the boost ramp makes the car so much more fun.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Doesn't a CDV delete work better with disabling rev hang as well? Are those who didn't do a CDV delete with it not reaping the same benefits?

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The clutch delay valve limits how fast the clutch can drop, and may add to the delayed shift feeling people associate with Rev-Hang. The combination of disabling Rev-Hang and CDV would make this car feel more like a analog/older stick shift. However, the CDV is a safety feature for drivetrain shock and for money shifts. The Rev-Hang is partially emissions, partially operation, and partially drivability. I personally re-enabled Rev-Hang because of the rich/vacuum conditions I noticed with it disabled

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't done the CDV delete and don't plan on it. I can actually hear the clutch engagement and it being slightly delayed. It just doesn't bother me. rev hang delete helps RPMs drop quicker so I don't have to wait quite so long to upshift when I'm driving normally and skipping gears. It still drops pretty slow due to the heavy flywheel on the small displacement/low internal resistance engine.

As I understand, you can always press your cruise control button without setting it and it will restore the slow throttle close that the 'rev hang delete' option causes if you have stop and go traffic that the on/off manner of throttle response makes the car jerky for your liking. It also never bothered me and done do it.

I thought the main thing the AC control module change did was prevent coolant from being allowed to be sent to the heater core until the engine was warmed up more. I can't think of anything else climate control related that could possibly affect engine warmup.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
The a/c update controls the condenser fan not to run as much during warmups in cold weather. First thing I noticed back in December when I got both updates.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The a/c update controls the condenser fan not to run as much during warmups in cold weather. First thing I noticed back in December when I got both updates.
Hmmm... I don't see how that's make much of any difference in improving warmup. I would have thought it would have held the valve closed so that water can't circulate through the heater core so the engine has a smaller volume of coolant to heat right after startup, plus one less heat exchanger to cool coolant that still isn't up to temperature.

(shrug) I don't know. I haven't seen my car, bought in FL and living in GA now being in line to get the recall and, honestly, I wouldn't push to get it done. My drives are long enough I never am starting and shutting down a car that hasn't competed it's warmup and, while I'll admit I don't care enough to get UOAs... I've seen no evidence of fuel dillution through smell or rising oil levels.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Defrost is often used, almost mandatory in Canada, which engages a/c compressor and fan. Fan blows across both condenser and engine coolant rad lowering temps of both in city driving.
Sponsored