J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I don't mean to hijack this thread, however Australia doesn't seem to have acknowledged this issue as far as I can tell. I've searched all over the internet and I can't find any announcement. If there is a place I should be looking, I'd love E to know.

Anyway, is there any concern with the international ktuner still being compatible with future updates?
We would add support for updates just the same as we do here.
Sponsored

mekrto

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Am I screwed if I have the 27won drop in turbo and FBO? As far as having to flash back to stock in order to take it in for a recall?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Am I screwed if I have the 27won drop in turbo and FBO? As far as having to flash back to stock in order to take it in for a recall?
The update will erase your flashed tuned as they flash the ecu with the update. Word of advice from a trusted tuner @D-RobIMW

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil Dilution Recall Updates 130481

Eyell4716

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback lx 2017
Country flag
@KTuner pl
We have the info for the Si models, so you're good. We're needing the base models.
So if those who have the SI's you have the infos, what would be the process on doing it. Should they bring to the dealer flashed to stock and then flashed it back to ktuner after.? Is it same as well as the base models. I just got the letter for this oil dilution.Hope that youll get the infos for our base model aswell. Thank you @KTuner

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
@KTuner

I'll be booking my Canadian 2018 CVT Hatchback Sport in for MM service and oil dilution recall (and getting tailgate spoiler installed) in the next week or two.

I've got a V1.2.
Will contact / e-mail you guys if you still need some more data.

deathjam4

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got my hands on the whole recall procedure It says they update the pgm-fi and tcm. they also seem to have a ac reflash tool they use directly into the climate control computer. at the end they reset the throttle position then relearn its value. Not really sure what it means by pgm-fi but i am sure tcm is transmission control module . I can't post the papers on here cause i promised i would not. hope this helps.

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
We're asking everyone to get in touch afterwards, yes.
Just got the recall done, so I will share the info with your guys ASAP.

I got my hands on the whole recall procedure It says they update the pgm-fi and tcm. they also seem to have a ac reflash tool they use directly into the climate control computer. at the end they reset the throttle position then relearn its value. Not really sure what it means by pgm-fi but i am sure tcm is transmission control module . I can't post the papers on here cause i promised i would not. hope this helps.
This is similar / exactly what I had on my service invoice.
"N66 -Replace AC unit update PCM."
"Replace the oil and use reflash tool to update climate control unit. Update PGM-FI and TCM software. Perform the throttle position reset and PCM idle lean procedures."

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Hey @KTuner any news on updated tunes? I realize you're probably busy answering these questions on many platforms, but I've emailed and only received the same "updates will be released soon". I'm really anxious on using your software again. Rev hang SUCKS!

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Oil Dilution Recall Updates 279DEAE0-D651-46DA-9145-C1991F64E3DB
Hey @KTuner any news on updated tunes? I realize you're probably busy answering these questions on many platforms, but I've emailed and only received the same "updates will be released soon". I'm really anxious on using your software again. Rev hang SUCKS!
They already updated it lol. If you take you car to get the oil bandaid fix then flash back to stock, take it to then to do their thing, update ktuner to latest program, reupload tune and then reflash onto car and all done.

dareth

First Name
kohw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
279DEAE0-D651-46DA-9145-C1991F64E3DB.png

They already updated it lol. If you take you car to get the oil bandaid fix then flash back to stock, take it to then to do their thing, update ktuner to latest program, reupload tune and then reflash onto car and all done.
mine was dual map stage 2 custom tune. will it affect if i go for the updates?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
For non-Si, email us once you have this performed!
@KTuner

I do not have Ktuner, but what I find strange, is that so many who do have Ktuner, are finding the need to ask in the forum, how to deal with Ktuner & the Oil DiIlution issue, or in fact, how to deal with any time that their tuned car needs to go back to the dealer, where they might detect Ktuner, and give the owner "a hard time".

Since this is such a common issue, and so important to get right (if for nothing else but for warranty appearances) and there is so many questions about it, could I suggest to the Ktuner Developers that they produce a DETAILED set of instruction on exactly what steps need to be taken and how to do it, and either post it on this forum, or a link to it from their website ... and then get this forum Admin to make it a Sticky.

This should Not be something that is left to getting wrong, and there should not need to be so many asking the same question as to how to proceed.

I would consider Ktuner, but one major thing that puts me off, is the seemingly vague directions from Ktuner, about dealing with such issues.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
@KTuner

I do not have Ktuner, but what I find strange, is that so many who do have Ktuner, are finding the need to ask in the forum, how to deal with Ktuner & the Oil DiIlution issue, or in fact, how to deal with any time that their tuned car needs to go back to the dealer, where they might detect Ktuner, and give the owner "a hard time".

Since this is such a common issue, and so important to get right (if for nothing else but for warranty appearances) and there is so many questions about it, could I suggest to the Ktuner Developers that they produce a DETAILED set of instruction on exactly what steps need to be taken and how to do it, and either post it on this forum, or a link to it from their website ... and then get this forum Admin to make it a Sticky.

This should Not be something that is left to getting wrong, and there should not need to be so many asking the same question as to how to proceed.

I would consider Ktuner, but one major thing that puts me off, is the seemingly vague directions from Ktuner, about dealing with such issues.
Your not completely wrong in your statement. I don't think ktuner markets to new comers. They expect the people buying their product to already know how to do these things. There was kind a lot of "figuring it out on my own" when I got my ktuner and flashing an ecu for the first time ever. Great product but the directions deff don't accommodate for learner's.
Sponsored