Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Since no one else is asking, let me be the first. I'm due for an oil change in a month or two. That's when I'll get this oil dilution work done. I'll revert to stock and unlock and go to the dealer.

Then what? Will Ktuner update their software to incorporate the changes? Will my old tunes need to be redone? How long do you expect it to take to update Ktuner to work with the Honda updates?

Thanks for any insight.
Sponsored

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
So does this mean we should unlock our vehicles from the Ktuner as well when going to the dealer? And then re-lock it to the new software? I guess I'm a bit confused on all this.
I am confused as well. Will hold off on getting the recall done for now until it is more clear what we need to do.

It would appear we would need to flash back to stock before getting this done. Do we then flash any tune we want after the update is done?

Johncarter269

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I am confused as well. Will hold off on getting the recall done for now until it is more clear what we need to do.

It would appear we would need to flash back to stock before getting this done. Do we then flash any tune we want after the update is done?
I wouldn’t get the update yet. Unless you’re willing to sacrifice your tune and willing to run stock for the moment. I’m planning to wait until I know for sure I can load my TSP stage 1 tune back with the same tune or updated version

raynist

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
I wouldn’t get the update yet. Unless you’re willing to sacrifice your tune and willing to run stock for the moment. I’m planning to wait until I know for sure I can load my TSP stage 1 tune back with the same tune or updated version
Thanks. Same plan here, plus, when I drive it is usually for 30 plus miles at a time.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I have the return to stock downloaded on my ktuner device and can reflash using the app (without my computer plugged in). Is this sufficient enough to take to dealer to have ecu changes made? Does this "unlock" the ECU or does it take more than just that? Newish to tunning Btw.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That will return you to the stock tune. But, with this update I recommend unlocking your device from the ECU as well. If you have a V2, you can do that right from the unit. With a V1.2 you will need a laptop to unlock.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Ktuner has not already updated the software to accommodate these changes have they? I have not taken my car to dealer for these ecu changes and I just updated ktuner this morning and reflashed to get rid of P0420. Lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. No Ktuner software updates yet. If you can, it's definitely better to wait til they have everything sorted out before doing the TSB/Recall.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
That will return you to the stock tune. But, with this update I recommend unlocking your device from the ECU as well. If you have a V2, you can do that right from the unit. With a V1.2 you will need a laptop to unlock.
I don't have V2 but I have the tuner view app on my infotainment system. Can I do it through that?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
So isn’t it expected that different year, same trim cars, say a 16, 17 and 18, which may have had different ECU numbers, will now have exactly the same software after this “recall” ?

Markusc

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L turbo
Country flag
I don't mean to hijack this thread, however Australia doesn't seem to have acknowledged this issue as far as I can tell. I've searched all over the internet and I can't find any announcement. If there is a place I should be looking, I'd love E to know.

Anyway, is there any concern with the international ktuner still being compatible with future updates?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
So isn’t it expected that different year, same trim cars, say a 16, 17 and 18, which may have had different ECU numbers, will now have exactly the same software after this “recall” ?
Not at all.
Sponsored