J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
With the recall now official we're asking that anyone with KTuner who receives this update contact us by email after it's performed so we can verify software numbers and retrieve the data if we need to.

Thank you!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So basically we revert to stock and have the recall done at the dealer. Then, once we have the recall done, we need to wait until we hear back from you to start uploading tunes again?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So does this mean we should unlock our vehicles from the Ktuner as well when going to the dealer? And then re-lock it to the new software? I guess I'm a bit confused on all this.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dealers won’t do recalls if ecu is tuned or car had aftermarket parts

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers won’t do recalls if ecu is tuned or car had aftermarket parts
I've had recall work done on other cars with aftermarket performance parts installed. Obviously not a tune though. I don't see how they can deny a recall just because you have an intake or something. Makes no sense.

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I've had recall work done on other cars with aftermarket performance parts installed. Obviously not a tune though. I don't see how they can deny a recall just because you have an intake or something. Makes no sense.
I don't think a recall would get denied unless there is an aftermarket part in the way somehow.

I only have an intake though so I'm going to swap and flash right after work today. I'm planning on going in later this week for other stuff. Idk if the recall thing will be done though, I don't ha anything listed for my VIN.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Idk I just saw the offical “recall” listed under warranty

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Most dealers won’t do it lol
OH Dear !!! .. does that mean I have to remove my After Market, add-on, "FUZZY DICE" before they will do any warranty work !!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil Dilution Recall Updates 61EJX1CBbnL._SL1100_

Yes, I'm being ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as a Dealer to claims they cannot do Warranty work because of a totally unassociated accessory.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I have had recall work done to my old 2008 Civic EX. Had CAI and new exhaust system. They don't deny recalls if you have bolt ons. But if they will be making ECU changes then you should flash to factory. Not because they will deny the recall but because they wont be able to make the necessary changes to STOCK ECU if it is currently tuned. Dealer could give a fat baby fucks about recalls. Warranty work is a little different. Recalls, they have no choice but to provide. I guess unless they were recalling the air intake for some reason and you had an aftermarket one installed already.....but that is just a stupid scenario that shouldn't ever occur.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
do you want a specific screen capture from the software?
i am goin in in a week or 2 for this recall.
We have the info for the Si models, so you're good. We're needing the base models.
Sponsored