Oil Dilution Post "Fix" Question

geologyking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
I'm sure many of you are tired of reading about this issue so I apologize for adding to it. Did the update today and my heating system now seems blocked out entirely. I cannot turn heat on/off, defrosters on/off, heat warmers on/off.

I'm taking the car back to the dealer tomorrow but am wondering if anyone else experienced this after the update and if so, what to expect in terms of fixing the fix.
Sponsored

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I have not done this and I am not gonna get this done. Gonna leave well enough alone

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I have not done this and I am not gonna get this done. Gonna leave well enough alone
My thought exactly. Honda seem to be "experimenting" with solutions.
The less Dealers mess with my car, the better.

So I plan to keep an eye on the oil dilution level, and do more frequent oil changes (Myself), at least until Honda's OD solutions have some track record.

Also, I would gladly do more frequent oil changes, if it meant that the heating Inside the car was better in the winter, and heated up quickly to a good available high temperature.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I got the tsb done with no issues.

OP
OP

geologyking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
My thought exactly. Honda seem to be "experimenting" with solutions.
The less Dealers mess with my car, the better.

So I plan to keep an eye on the oil dilution level, and do more frequent oil changes (Myself), at least until Honda's OD solutions have some track record.

Also, I would gladly do more frequent oil changes, if it meant that the heating Inside the car was better in the winter, and heated up quickly to a good available high temperature.
Didn't want to wait as I was definitely having the problem with oil over max and a very strong smell of fuel in the oil. Funny you mention you want better heating inside the car. I find the heating inside to be almost too much even when set pretty low that I'll often just keep it off. Lots of variables from car to car with these machines.

OP
OP

geologyking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
I got the tsb done with no issues.
Fix was apparently to reboot the computer. Seems ok now but I'll keep an eye. So far, engine does warm up a bit faster and seems peppier but I guess that just because it gets warmer faster.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Fix was apparently to reboot the computer. Seems ok now but I'll keep an eye. So far, engine does warm up a bit faster and seems peppier but I guess that just because it gets warmer faster.
Yeah, there are definitely no performance improvements
Sponsored