Oil Dillution affected. My Si is recalled

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I had my oil change appointment today. I’m at 17k almost 18k. Bought the car brand new in August. I asked the tech about the rotten eggs smell that has been around since day 1 anytime I shift into upper RPMs and reverse park, from this forum it said it’s the cats. He looked in his computer on my car and said it’s got a recall to fix the problem with oil and fuel mixing. He said it’s going to be a software update. The appointment to fix it is January 22. Hopefully he’s right and the smell goes away.
Sponsored

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
good to know. is honda going to send us something in the mail soon? although the only time i ever noticed any smells was like the first 1k miles i think mine was the cats as its been almost 10k later and havent smelled it again. however id still like to get the gas mixing issue fixed as that cant be good for the engine. ive always noticed gas smells in the oil everytime ive done an oil change.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Don't do that recall . It's just a factory detune. Your car will be slower after the software "update”

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
These oil dilution threads are getting annoying and people are freaking out over little to nothing. All DIRECT INDUCTION engines have oil dilution, again ALL DIRECT INDUCTION ENGINE HAVE OIL DILUTION. This "fix" isnt really a fix as at the end of the day its still a DI engine and some fuel will still mix with the oil. What Honda is doing with this recall is essentially helping those who drive primarily short distances in below freezing temperatures get their engine up to warm enough temperature quickly to minimize the oil fuel dilution. It doesn't cure anything, there still will be oil/fuel mixture, it just helps to minimize it for short distance drivers who live in extremely cold environments. The best way to avoid excess mixture is to either change your oil every 5000miles or so or try to minize driving your car extremly short distances which keeps the engine running cold, preventing it from heating up and burning some of that fuel out of the oil.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Don't do that recall . It's just a factory detune. Your car will be slower after the software "update”
i take it you had the recall done?

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
No. I don't have a Si . But China's Civic and crv had the same issue. Honda over there gave them a detune, a free oil change and a longer dip stick .
The software update isn't a "detune," nor does it make the car slower.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
The software update isn't a "detune," nor does it make the car slower.
Lol wouldn't be a forum without someone spreading false info though, right?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still trying to understand what will happen with our tuned cars. In other words, I imagine if we upload a tune now it will overwrite whatever ECU changes Honda did with this tsb/recall.

So, I'm assuming Ktuner/Hondata will need to incorporate the Honda updates into their software and then come out with a software update that will allow us to upload tunes again.

Anyone know?

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
I'm still trying to understand what will happen with our tuned cars. In other words, I imagine if we upload a tune now it will overwrite whatever ECU changes Honda did with this tsb/recall.

So, I'm assuming Ktuner/Hondata will need to incorporate the Honda updates into their software and then come out with a software update that will allow us to upload tunes again.

Anyone know?
I saw in another forum that ktuner wants you to email some info of some sort in order for them to update the tune. Ask @KTuner hes a rep

OP
OP
healtoe

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
healtoe

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
good to know. is honda going to send us something in the mail soon? although the only time i ever noticed any smells was like the first 1k miles i think mine was the cats as its been almost 10k later and havent smelled it again. however id still like to get the gas mixing issue fixed as that cant be good for the engine. ive always noticed gas smells in the oil everytime ive done an oil change.
I think they will send out something soon. I tried to book the oil change online and when I entered my info it wouldn’t let me book it. So I called in and booked it. I’ll get the recall performed. Then if that smell still persists I’ll have them look at it again. It comes every time I hit 5k rpm in 2-3-4 driving spiritedly. Gears 5-6 I shift at 3k rpm.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No. I don't have a Si . But China's Civic and crv had the same issue. Honda over there gave them a detune, a free oil change and a longer dip stick .
No change in power whatsoever, i have been driving 5 months and i did another oil change after the recall
Sponsored