Oil Change Shield Cover Screws

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
Before you re-install the cover, try installing one of the twist lock screws and see how it fits into its receptacle. Once you see how it works you'll quickly install them with the cover in place.
Sponsored

HayaiKuruma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback EX
Country flag
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. This whole thing is such a joke. Here is Honda, a world class car manufacturer, selling hundreds of thousands of these vehicle and they can't even supply THEIR dealers with the extra fasteners, let alone the part number. Honda should know full well that their fasteners are going to get used, abused and lost with these oil changes.

What's so funny is that most of us would do a better job and be more careful than the dealer.

And of course this part is omitted on all the honda diagrams, as if it were some sick joke.

CrazyALee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback
Country flag
anyone know the part number for the 2 metal philips screws? (not to be confused with the 6 plastic 1/4 turn flathead ones). Someone please let me know, one of mine is a bit stripped so I'd like to replace it.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
this is why I DIY my oil changes. Don't know if the dealer service guy knows or cares what he's doing. It's not like forty years ago when dealer mechanics were trained professionals. Now the only thing the dealers care about is profit. They don't much care who it is who's servicing their customers cars. Only the bottom line.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
If it is the dealer who ruin the 2 screws, dealer should put new one. Look it is the Civic owner who ruin the screw

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
These fasteners aren't listed separately by Honda, they're only included as part of the full "Under Cover" assembly. For my 2017 LX 2.0 Sedan, the Part Number for the assembly is 74110-TBA-A00. Link below to the Honda eStore so you can see the exploded assembly, part numbers, etc.

http://estore.honda.com/honda/parts...ic-4-lx-aep-eng-hdm-cv-cvt&sn=&b=B++4211&dl=#

The assembly is Ref #006, "Cover Assy., Engine (Lower)". I confirmed with my local dealer that the metal panel we remove to perform oil changes is part of this larger assembly. We cannot purchase the fasteners for the metal panel separately from the overall assembly.

arhncmh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
anyone know the part number for the 2 metal philips screws? (not to be confused with the 6 plastic 1/4 turn flathead ones). Someone please let me know, one of mine is a bit stripped so I'd like to replace it.
I believe you're looking for this:
Honda Civic 10th gen Oil Change Shield Cover Screws IMG_20170909_085029140
Honda Civic 10th gen Oil Change Shield Cover Screws IMG_20170909_085050800

arhncmh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
Yes those 2 metal philips scrwes that secure the very front of the metal undercover plate. Do you have the part number?
Unfortunately these fasteners cannot be purchased separately, at least not from the Under Cover. See my previous post above.

Kwalsh24

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
So I just did my own first oil change on my 2017 hatchback as the oil was black and I didn't trust the place I bought it from for doing it (drove 4k mind you since purchasing) these are the faseners I have. 2 threaded and 3 half spins.

I'm guessing I'm missing half spins but not sure if I'm missing 1 threaded? Why are places so incompetent and loose these fittings?

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil Change Shield Cover Screws IMG_20180613_161239

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil Change Shield Cover Screws IMG_20180613_161645

Last edited: