OP
OP

TypeR_500

First Name
Phi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 bmw m3 competition package, 00 Honda Civic Si, 14 Toyota Tundra, 17 Honda Civic type R
Wow still have the EBP Si? I sold mine back in 2003 before it could get stolen lol.
oh yeah lol my first first love. original everything no aftermarket parts throughout its whole life. even got the brake dust cover lol people have offered me good prices for it but I don't wanna let it go. only thing aftermarkets is the radio.

OP
OP

TypeR_500

First Name
Phi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 bmw m3 competition package, 00 Honda Civic Si, 14 Toyota Tundra, 17 Honda Civic type R
Yea I get ya that's a big jump in HP. I turned my 2014 SI in back in April and have been driving my 4 runner so it's probably gonna feel like a rocket ship to me
oh yeah most deff lol honestly I haven't really even pushed it pass 5k rpm yet so will see maybe it'll be a lot better after break in. exhaust note however is super quiet tho. probably the only mod I will do is intake and exhaust for better sounds

Angry-cop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee, 04 4 Runner, 07 FZ1000, 17 Civic Type R
oh yeah most deff lol honestly I haven't really even pushed it pass 5k rpm yet so will see maybe it'll be a lot better after break in. exhaust note however is super quiet tho. probably the only mod I will do is intake and exhaust for better sounds
Just be careful with mods. I'm not sure if there is open sorce tuning for the Honda ecu's. If you start throwing parts on the car you're gonna need some engine management. And right now I wouldn't trust any off the shelf maps. I was runing a ots map on my EVO X and when I took it to get pro tuned my air fuel was a mess. It was from a COBB access port too. So just be careful !

OP
OP

TypeR_500

First Name
Phi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just be careful with mods. I'm not sure if there is open sorce tuning for the Honda ecu's. If you start throwing parts on the car you're gonna need some engine management. And right now I wouldn't trust any off the shelf maps. I was runing a ots map on my EVO X and when I took it to get pro tuned my air fuel was a mess. It was from a COBB access port too. So just be careful !
if I have to get it tuned just for intake and exhaust than ill pass on that. I don't want to mess with any of that. just looking for better sound. I promised myself the next sport car I'm getting I'm leaving it stock. as i get older I'm starting to appreciate a pure stock car.

Angry-cop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee, 04 4 Runner, 07 FZ1000, 17 Civic Type R
if I have to get it tuned just for intake and exhaust than ill pass on that. I don't want to mess with any of that. just looking for better sound. I promised myself the next sport car I'm getting I'm leaving it stock. as i get older I'm starting to appreciate a pure stock car.
I would just leave it stock. I'm not gonna mess with mine. I like that it's quiet. Keep it low key. Less unwanted attention

Vdeity86

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350z Anniversary Edition(sold), Accord, #1220 CTR
Country flag
At least go do some ppf and ceramic coat if u haven't done that already.

OP
OP

TypeR_500

First Name
Phi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least go do some ppf and ceramic coat if u haven't done that already.
waiting until the weather clears up before I take out on the road again. road are nasty with puddles and little rocks every where don't wanna take that chance lol we been having rain for the past 2 weeks. not sure what I wanna do. what do you recommend on the ceramic coat which brand ?

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag

Any way you can measure the clearance on the front lip at the lowest point?

I have a sloped driveway and wanna see if it will clear. I have a is350f and it clears by .05".

Congrats on the car!

Last edited:

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag

Any way you can measure the clearance on the front lip at the lowest point?

I got sloped driveway and wanna see if it will clear. I have a is350f and it clears by .05".

Congrats on the car!
great question , I'm in the same boat. I need to determine the same.

soulres

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Question, for the front license plate how does it mount? Do you have to drill through the front bumper?

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Question, for the front license plate how does it mount? Do you have to drill through the front bumper?

2 dimples on the front bumper you poke through with a punch then use self tapping screws to secure bracket.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
2 dimples on the front bumper you poke through with a punch then use self tapping screws to secure bracket.
Im sure some folks will come up with better ways to front mount a plate for the States/countries that need it. I personally would never let anyone put holes in the front bumper on a car like this.

evolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
waiting until the weather clears up before I take out on the road again. road are nasty with puddles and little rocks every where don't wanna take that chance lol we been having rain for the past 2 weeks. not sure what I wanna do. what do you recommend on the ceramic coat which brand ?
Car pro cquartz is good stuff. You can also just go with a good sealant. I'm in jax and do a good bit of detailing, hit me up if you need some help with this aspect. Either keep this thing clean and get it protected. Congrats on the caR!
Sponsored