mrandrsn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan, 2007 Civic SI Sedan
We had good times together...
Honda Civic 10th gen Officially a cult member B989E744-8052-46CE-860E-51F2D9A61ECE
(I know - it looks like abuse!)

Unfortunately, on New Years Eve an incident occurred and my first baby didn’t make it through the night. Was a 2007 SI Sedan with about 110k miles and had every intention of driving it for another 100k. But that is not how the story goes.

After about a week of pretending it hadn’t happened, I forced myself to start looking at options. Browsed around. Nothing caught my eye. I hate to see myself coming down the road. The Si sedan had a great balance of sporty but economical, rare but distinguishable - yet still an “under the radar” vehicle. How could I ever move on?

Test drove a manual Accord sport. Little too big. No sun roof. Civic hatch. Sporty and fun, but not available in manual and no sun roof and didn’t fall in love with the looks.

Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw her. Long story short - I took her home. My 2nd Si Sedan. Is this the beginning of a trend?
Honda Civic 10th gen Officially a cult member CA3565CE-F337-4BED-BA2E-A5BBAC884B63

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats! You will enjoy having torque!....you may be a little let down by the shifter. Still good but not as good as the older generations.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Congrats! I'm on my 4th SI.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Nice pick! Best color option available and I am in no way biased ;)
Congrats! You're going to LOVE the shifter. I think it's one of the best gearboxes out there. Just slightly notchy but changes gears with the flick of your wrist. Reminds me very much of the gearbox in my '96 Prelude Si.

OP
OP
mrandrsn

mrandrsn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan, 2007 Civic SI Sedan
The color is definitely catchy. And never biased of course.

I’ll miss the throaty noise of my exhaust which was stock but seemed louder than others for some reason. Certainly won’t miss the issues with the paint coming off on the roof, trunk and door panels in some areas.

Definitely trying to get used to the lack of Vtech and the noises that come with it. And does anyone else hate the cup holders?

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag

I’ll miss the throaty noise of my exhaust which was stock but seemed louder than others for some reason. Certainly won’t miss the issues with the paint coming off on the roof, trunk and door panels in some areas.

Definitely trying to get used to the lack of Vtech and the noises that come with it. And does anyone else hate the cup holders?
i have no idea what they were thinking while designing the center console. but still LOVE my Si

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Love this picture. Hilarious.

The engine sound gets better with time but you have to keep the volume down. Haha. It took about 1,000 miles to make a nice growling sound.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
i have no idea what they were thinking while designing the center console. but still LOVE my Si
They were thinking of automatics for sure. In the MT you'll keep hitting your arm on anything taller than a soda can.

My big Fosters cans block the shifter. j/k

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
They were thinking of automatics for sure. In the MT you'll keep hitting your arm on anything taller than a soda can.

My big Fosters cans block the shifter. j/k
You can fit a whole forty of Steel Reserve in the bottom spot instead of using the upper cup holder ;)

OP, you're SO gonna want a reflash unit like a Ktuner or Hondata to make the car feel and respond more like your old baby. I am already getting really fed up with rev hang & generally slow throttle response and I've barely just broken mine in, lol.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
@mrandrsn Get Ktuner man, it really completes the car, it will be a whole new level. If I could sum it up in a net shell, it’s super fun! Makes me want to drive my car even when I don’t need too. It’s that fun. And the V2 unit, being able to monitor all the parameters of the car is a plus, the options on it are endless worth every penny and then some. @ttorres1183 just recently made a video on his V2 he just got and I can tell he likes it. :thumbsup: You should check it out, also has good information. Gives you the whole run down. Congrats on the car btw, best color imo.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
That's the perfect way to describe it. Not crazy about the split-level but otherwise love the car.
Sponsored