Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CType R; ''17 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe; 15 Honda Fit LX Manual; '14 MB G550;
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
..........1st 2020 in Texas and possibly the 1st SGP
Man, Sonic Grey rocks. Was only available in Canada for 2019. Max COLORS was 3 choices per year since 2017. Black and Championship White was available for every year. Added Rally Red for 2018 replaced by SGreyP in 2019 and now B. Blue for 2020.
USA gets all the colors plus the biggest allocation worldwide! You lucky guys!!!:nixon:
Should've relocated to Canada (from Hawaii) in 2021 instead of 6 years ago! LOL!!!:doh:

HTS20CTR

First Name
Hussein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ridgeline, '20 civic type r, 14 Grom, 18 teryx
Country flag
If we are able to own a type r at all, I think we all lucky!!! So many people dream of these cars, so many people wish they could just get one.

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
.......... the 2020 are fine aside from the Honda Sensing. That killed it for me so quick......
Hear ya! Am not a fan of HSensing either. Why Honda decided to put additional electronic monitors on a car that is designed for serious driving mystifies me. The Lane Assist System is so useless. These systems go well on a regular Civic or Odyssey. Why the extra weight and electronics on a Type R?
That said, what turned me off back in 2017 were the large fake F & R bumper vents. My '15 GK Fit has them in the rear and I was'nt a fan.
As mentioned in another post, am glad Honda modded the look for 2020, however, even if they didn't was still going to get the last production run out of their UK Swindon Plant.

un1coRn

IG: @sgp_fk8r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8 R-34844
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody know if the 2020 grill and bumper inserts fit on the 17-19s?? Benefit probably doesn't justify the cost but good to know.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody know if the 2020 grill and bumper inserts fit on the 17-19s?? Benefit probably doesn't justify the cost but good to know.
I read that they do. As for the grille you will also need the winglets. I'm really torn on getting the grill just because I know that my 19 is less effective for cooling but actually like to look better on the older style being less mesh. As for the lower bumper I've seen people putting the rear ones in with some modification. For the front that is something that I have considered but not sure if it's really worth it to me for the cosmetic versus cost. I don't think it looks better, it's just different.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Man, Sonic Grey rocks. Was only available in Canada for 2019. Max COLORS was 3 choices per year since 2017. Black and Championship White was available for every year. Added Rally Red for 2018 replaced by SGreyP in 2019 and now B. Blue for 2020.
USA gets all the colors plus the biggest allocation worldwide! You lucky guys!!!:nixon:
Should've relocated to Canada (from Hawaii) in 2021 instead of 6 years ago! LOL!!!:doh:
No ADM in Canada though. ;)

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No ADM in Canada though. ;)
No ADM but many have "dealer charges" in numerous forms (e.g. Doc fees, Prep fees, Legal fees, etc........). This only applies to CTR's were availability is limited. Regular Civics are bountiful, therefore dealers limit adding these excessive fees to remain competitive.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
No ADM but many have "dealer charges" in numerous forms (e.g. Doc fees, Prep fees, Legal fees, etc........). This only applies to CTR's were availability is limited. Regular Civics are bountiful, therefore dealers limit adding these excessive fees to remain competitive.
Administration fees, PDI and govt. fees are common on all new vehicles sold in Canada. That's not specific to the CTR.
The price as shown on honda.ca(includes taxes, levies, fees, freight and delivery) for my province is what I would pay at the dealer.

Now yes, there are some dealers that will take it upon themselves to install accessories and add those to the cost of the car. But that's not so common and those that do usually have the car sitting on their lot for a long time!

Last edited:

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Administration fees, PDI and govt. fees are common on all new vehicles sold in Canada. That's not specific to the CTR. The price as shown on honda.ca(includes taxes, levies, fees, freight and delivery) for my province is what I would pay at the dealer.
Now yes, there are some dealers that will take it upon themselves to install accessories and add those to the cost of the car. But that's not so common and those that do usually have the car sitting on their lot for a long time!
Can speak only for my province of B.C. Whatever is the Honda.ca total price (including Freight, PDI, Taxes, Environmental excise, Battery fee) is what most B.C. dealers will charge for regular Civic models. Most WILL NOT charge even Admistration fees due to competition.

That does change for the CTR. Either they upcharge for dealer mandatory installed add-ons (clear wrap, ceramic coat, undercoating etc....) or charge additional fees (Administration fee, dealer prep, Documentation, etc...). Unlike some other Provinces, very few if any new 2019 CTR's left in BC dealer inventory, My drinking buddy's son was looking last week and nothing.

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another handsome and shiney looking CTR in SGP by Rcubed!!! Picture composition makes your R really stand out.
Did you use a Lieca, Hasselblad or phone for the pic? I never seem to take detailed photos with my trusty Galaxy S7.
Great job!!!

RCubed

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
FK8, GRB
Country flag
Another handsome and shiney looking CTR in SGP by Rcubed!!! Picture composition makes your R really stand out.
Did you use a Lieca, Hasselblad or phone for the pic? I never seem to take detailed photos with my trusty Galaxy S7.
Great job!!!
Thanks!
I use Leica but the same shot can be had with any SLR/Mirrorless with a fast normal lens like a 50/1.4.

Some phones have really good cameras nowadays that can emulate the shallow DOF effect quite effectively.
This was shot with a Google Pixel 2.
Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread 49551109987_39c06a25c2_b
RCubed's FK8 Feb 2020 by Richard Tran, on Flickr
Sponsored