Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Did anyone else receive the Extended warranty notice from Honda for the A/C Compressor Shaft Seal leak last month? Apparently the CRV's between 2017-2022 have the same issue meaning they're using the same parts. Just wondering- Thanks!

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Did anyone else receive the Extended warranty notice from Honda for the A/C Compressor Shaft Seal leak last month? Apparently the CRV's between 2017-2022 have the same issue meaning they're using the same parts. Just wondering- Thanks!
Not yet but will be on the lookout

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
[/QUOTE. Received it

B$$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HONDA FK8, 2022 TOYOTA COROLLA HB XSE
Country flag
Yep. I lucked out (?) and had the compressor fail just before my '19 Factory Warranty expired. The tech told me then that the compressors were having problems, and that was long before Honda admitted it.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Yep. I lucked out (?) and had the compressor fail just before my '19 Factory Warranty expired. The tech told me then that the compressors were having problems, and that was long before Honda admitted it.
I’m wondering if I should be concerned about this. I’ll be taking the R on a long trip for the first time- approx 660 miles up North from CA to Oregon. I have an oil change appointment tomorrow. Is it something visible or does it need to fail first before it can be replaced? It will be a hot summer so what better time than to test it out. Hope it doesn’t go out during the ride up there though.

Mafew

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Yes I just got that letter in the mail

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I’m wondering if I should be concerned about this. I’ll be taking the R on a long trip for the first time- approx 660 miles up North from CA to Oregon. I have an oil change appointment tomorrow. Is it something visible or does it need to fail first before it can be replaced? It will be a hot summer so what better time than to test it out. Hope it doesn’t go out during the ride up there though.
Just because it might fail doesn't mean it will sounds like a reasonably short trip overall sure you'll be fine.

ryyanjayy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
some shots of the car with black wheels.
honestly not too keen on keeping them black but seeing bronze wheels in this thread on SGP makes me real iffy on powder coating them bronze. (maybe if I could get this in the OG bronze almite)

Was thinking mag blue but iffy on that too. I think silver wheels on SGP are best so maybe a titanium gunmetal, mercury silver, or diamond silver?

Edit: Don't know why these photos look like they were cooked in the microwave for 7 years?

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread _DSF0663

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Sonic Grey Pearl Type R Picture Thread EEAFA3E5-D671-4CA6-BC57-7F782A740FBD