First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’d like to see a stock si compared against a stock si w the intakes without the ecu tuning being thrown in the mix. My guess is that without the added tuning, and the need for more air, the stock intake is perfectly adequate absent of any mods.

fightingfish

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I’d like to see a stock si compared against a stock si w the intakes without the ecu tuning being thrown in the mix. My guess is that without the added tuning, and the need for more air, the stock intake is perfectly adequate absent of any mods.
I’m dying to see these results as well! I don’t want/need a tune right now, but I’d love a cold air intake, pending some results with similar fidelity.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Of course the stock intake is perfectly "adequate", without any other mods. Countless hours of engineering went into it's development. But most people on this forum think that leaving it stock is boring, so pushing the envelope is all part of the fun.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Of course the stock intake is perfectly "adequate", without any other mods. Countless hours of engineering went into it's development. But most people on this forum think that leaving it stock is boring, so pushing the envelope is all part of the fun.

Well, it used to be Honda intakes were restrictive and an aftermarket intake would yield worthy gains, like the header, and the exhaust. Over the years, they have worked imo, to make those parts better straight from the factory as they aim to increase efficiency and meet fuel regulations. Just seems all the dynos posted combine it w something else. Like I said, on Honda’s of last, an intake swap would net some gains abscent of any other mod. Doesn’t appear that way to me on this one unless it’s in combo w something else. Aftermarket intakes definitely sound cool to me and always enjoyed it in the past..

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, it used to be Honda intakes were restrictive and an aftermarket intake would yield worthy gains, like the header, and the exhaust. Over the years, they have worked imo, to make those parts better straight from the factory as they aim to increase efficiency and meet fuel regulations. Just seems all the dynos posted combine it w something else. Like I said, on Honda’s of last, an intake swap would net some gains abscent of any other mod. Doesn’t appear that way to me on this one unless it’s in combo w something else. Aftermarket intakes definitely sound cool to me and always enjoyed it in the past..
Agreed. The CAI sounds awesome on the 10th gen. With no other mods. The PRL yields 10-12 hp, which has been dyno proven.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
PRL already dyno'd all their boltons without tuning. See pages 1 and 2.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/prl-motorsports-project-snow-white.12424/
We've seen similar results in other communities as well. In short, Turbo DI is a whole other beast. Some platforms respond favorably; others hardly at all. All seem to be highly dependent on ECU logic & parameters.

On the MS3/MS6, an intake was good for an 8-12% gain over stock baseline, all other factors held constant. Like Honda's 1.5T, the 2.3 L3VDT uses load based targeting.
Sponsored