Official Polished Metal Metallic Type R Picture Thread

InitialDougie

1st PMM CTR delivery & only 2017 Sold @ MSRP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, RSX Type S, CTR
Country flag
With two 1000 mile plus road trips(hit the tail of the dragon twice now), DDing and a couple of weekend trips home i've racked up 5500 miles on my PMM - love this car more than most human beings lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Polished Metal Metallic Type R Picture Thread IMG_8365.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Official Polished Metal Metallic Type R Picture Thread IMG_8372.JPG

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
I am yet to drive my CW home. Hopefully today/tomorrow.

But without spare do the wheels/tires give you confident driving on the road or does it feel like every pot hole could be the one that needs a tow truck. Just curious.

I have driven with BMW run flats and even at 40mph a pothole gave such a jolt that it felt like you got into an accident. My Lincoln 19" with low rim tires, I had to replace 4 of them in 9 months (LOL).

sofaking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #46818// JDM AF Z33
Country flag
With two 1000 mile plus road trips(hit the tail of the dragon twice now), DDing and a couple of weekend trips home i've racked up 5500 miles on my PMM - love this car more than most human beings lol
Damn that's a lot of miles! but I don't blame you, I find any excuse to drive it too

InitialDougie

1st PMM CTR delivery & only 2017 Sold @ MSRP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, RSX Type S, CTR
Country flag
But without spare do the wheels/tires give you confident driving on the road or does it feel like every pot hole could be the one that needs a tow truck. Just curious.
Im very diligent about watching the road, but I have hit a few potholes that have made me cringe - no issues from those two hard hits though. If I pop a tire I'll be dialing up roadside assistance from the sticker on the drivers side window.Honestly, I worry more about door dings from random people in parking lots than the tires if that helps to give you my perspective.

CHAMPIONSHIPWHITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRZ,S2000,CTR,PASSPORT
Country flag
I am yet to drive my CW home. Hopefully today/tomorrow.

I have driven with BMW run flats and even at 40mph a pothole gave such a jolt that it felt like you got into an accident. My Lincoln 19" with low rim tires, I had to replace 4 of them in 9 months (LOL).

congrats where did you get yours from

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
congrats where did you get yours from
Just posted on the CW forum. I got it from Boch Honda in MA.
Im very diligent about watching the road, but I have hit a few potholes that have made me cringe - no issues from those two hard hits though. If I pop a tire I'll be dialing up roadside assistance from the sticker on the drivers side window.Honestly, I worry more about door dings from random people in parking lots than the tires if that helps to give you my perspective.
That helps. I took delivery of my car last evening. So far two trips and not bad. I was expecting a harsher ride but the ride was better than I expected over potholes etc. But around here we have to search for a road among potholes and patches on some of the roads. NIMBY mentality (residents actually want a bad road so no one can drive in their neighborhood LOL). So I am planning once the initial set wear out to get a slightly better tread depth tires maybe 35 just to get that little extra cushion. I have not driven a manual in 12 years since I sold my GSR but getting the hang of it. I had test driven a regular civic hatch manual and I find the CTR manual requires more engagement and effort which is good. The basic CIVIC manual was almost like a joy stick. Cheers.

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Very nice pics, thanks for posting Bad Pilot, I'm really wanting to pick one up myself but trying to hold out for a PMM at MSRP.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
good to hear! I was a Load on C-130J/MC-130Js. Got stuck at Cannon and got out lol

Here's a pic to stay on topic

IMG_7172.JPG
Looks awesome with no red stripes, I removed mine yesterday! I'm trying to figure out what to do about the stripe on the wheels.
Sponsored