Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone here rocking these?
GRAM LIGHTS 57DR - 18X9.5 / +38 / 5X120 - GUN BLUE II
rays1_480x480.jpg

Im thinking on getting these thinking it matches the color but i cant find a picture of a CTR silver metallic with these on it.

skankmanky

Typ._.Arr
First Name
JD @typ._.arr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM FK8 Type R
Country flag
you won't rub. I have prokit springs with 265/35 tires on my 18x9.5 45 offset Titan7 TR-10s...no issues
How is the Handling and Ride quality with the Eibach springs? is it as good as stock?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How is the Handling and Ride quality with the Eibach springs? is it as good as stock?
I dont think so. But every time I say that I'm told I need to shut up by ctrmofo and his followers...they say I actively going around bashing it.

I just thought I was sharing my opinion when asked.

Apparently I'm the only one who thinks the ride is worse with prokit.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
I dont think so. But every time I say that I'm told I need to shut up by ctrmofo and his followers...they say I actively going around bashing it.

you're entitled to your own opinion...Honda guys LOVE to bandwagon shit

skankmanky

Typ._.Arr
First Name
JD @typ._.arr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM FK8 Type R
Country flag

Appreciate the honesty. I probably would agree with you. What would you say is worse with the ride or handling?
Are their any lowering spring options that actually make the ride better?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Appreciate the honesty. I probably would agree with you. What would you say is worse with the ride or handling?
Are their any lowering spring options that actually make the ride better?
to me, it is this feeling of the stock shocks/struts having this unstable rebound feeling. Also, when you are on the factory 20s, you feel the bumps way more with prokit.

I think it would just be worse on other springs since spoon, swift, etc have a higher spring rate.

But I can't say for sure since I haven't used any other springs on this car.

However, if you are 18s, the ride is not nearly as harsh feeling since you have more rubber on the tire.

As for performance, I never felt like it made the car handle any better...which I wasn't too surprised since the spring rate wasn't that much higher than stock...they are prokits after all.

The only thing holding me back from taking them off is:
1. The time to take them off...putting them on was a pain
2. It does look nice, so I won't have a good as an appearance without them on

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
2 of my fellow auto-x'ers like the ride on the swift springs (i'm stock since i want to run 275s or 285s at some point).
per spoon sport usa, the ride quality of spoon springs are close to oem.

skankmanky

Typ._.Arr
First Name
JD @typ._.arr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM FK8 Type R
Country flag
maybe I should try out spoon
I was reading about Spoon and the drop is mild as well. They seem High Quality and OEM like.
I just can't decide if I'm going to keep the Stock 20's and run 255/35 Michelin PS4's or go BBS CI- R 19x9 48 offset or O.Z ultraleggera Bronze 20x8.5 45mm. Any opinions?

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
maybe I should try out spoon
when I talked to Go Tuning they said that Pro kit and Spoon were close to OEM but they felt the spoon were a tad stiffer. You may be better off just sticking with the Eibachs, at least for now. Specially considering the cost of Spoon Springs compared to others.

To answer the "are there any springs that ride better than stock?", most the time the answer would be no, if better = more comfortable. Lowering/Sports springs shorten the stroke of the suspension due to the lowering and all that I have seen are stiffer than the OE springs which should equate to a slightly stiffer (more harsh) ride.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was reading about Spoon and the drop is mild as well. They seem High Quality and OEM like.
I just can't decide if I'm going to keep the Stock 20's and run 255/35 Michelin PS4's or go BBS CI- R 19x9 48 offset or O.Z ultraleggera Bronze 20x8.5 45mm. Any opinions?
hard to say man. Try maybe finding a slightly used set of prokit to see if you like those. From what the guy mentioned above, it seems spoon is stiffer than prokit anyway, so spoon wouldn't be a better option in terms of going with something not too stiff.
Sponsored