First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT (FK8, 2018)
Country flag
What's the speed limit on that bad boy?
In Switzerland, outside the villages, you could usually drive up to 80km/h (50mph). But on that road that's hardly possible. Indeed, I didn't push it hard that day because my beloved woman was sitting next to me :) It was more a relaxed driving experience in comfort mode :) Was my first time on the Tremola path. There is a new road from the 70s, which is more like an "Autobahn" ;-) All other Swiss Passes (and there are a lot) are made accessible by building much smaller roads, without even a painted "center line". They are more fun than the "Gotthard".
Unfortunately the Gotthard (the tunnel) is one of the main routes between northern Europe and southern Europe. So, most of the trucks from Germany aiming for Italy, Spain and maybe southeastern Europe, use this route. And the Gotthard is a 2-lane tunnel. One lane for each direction! Traffic jam all the time.
So, for me it's a 200km drive to southern Switzerland where it's always sunny and palm trees are growing whereas the north is foggy and rainy (OK, not always). But those 200km will kill you. Takes 3-4 hours or more depending on the traffic. So, our south is not a quick "retreat" location except you live there.

boxcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nice pics, do you might sharing your lighting setup for the photoshoot?
I used a Yongnuo YN360 to light paint with a 30 second exposure. I'm fairly new to light painting so there's definitely room for improvement, but it's been fairly simple to get halfway decent shots.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nice, I want try doing shots like that so I'll be looking into that. The last shot with the stars being exposed right with the foreground lit is pretty neat. Do you switch on the light half way through the exposure?

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
i remember this from top gear :thumbsup:
Yea, exactly what I was going to say! Another reason Europe is so freakin' cool. Fabian, I don't have to tell you that you live in a fantastic part of the world....thanks for posting the pix...

I was lucky enough to travel to Geneva 2 years ago for business and went up to Zermatt during the off season to check out the Matterhorn. WOW........

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
I really wish Honda Canada would have offered PMM instead of Sonic Gray, because after checking out lots of pics, I'm really not a fan of it.."
I fail to get the fascination a lot of folks have with Sonic Gray....it's...well, gray. Nothing about that color is at all interesting. PMM, on the other hand has an almost anodized look to it....just amazing....

boxcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
nice, I want try doing shots like that so I'll be looking into that. The last shot with the stars being exposed right with the foreground lit is pretty neat. Do you switch on the light half way through the exposure?
Pretty much. I took a few shots and checked how they were turning out to figure out what brightness setting I needed the light at and how slowly/quickly I needed to move across an area of the car with the light. I actually started with the light on and after I felt like I had caught every part of the car I wanted lit I then turned off the light and left the camera to finish out the exposure. That was only a few seconds left of the exposure though.

moonman

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT (FK8, 2018)
Country flag
Yea, exactly what I was going to say! Another reason Europe is so freakin' cool. Fabian, I don't have to tell you that you live in a fantastic part of the world....thanks for posting the pix...

I was lucky enough to travel to Geneva 2 years ago for business and went up to Zermatt during the off season to check out the Matterhorn. WOW........
Yes, Switzerland is beautiful and great to live in.
But, hey, your country is fantastic as well. 2015 I travelled through Florida in 4 weeks. Very nice. And in the west you have mountains as well. Some of them higher than ours. The Matterhorn is 4478m, all our peaks are under 5000m, so not that big but on a small area. Of course, the Matterhorn is beautifully shaped. It is overwhelming when you stand in front of that mountain. Sometimes, just standing on a peak or in front of a huge mountain makes me cry. Then you have huge forests, deserts, huge lakes, two different oceans. Some parts are freaking hot, others deadly cool. The American continent is amazing.
In 2017 I was in Canada for one month, travelling trough BC and a little bit of Alberta. The Rockies of course, great! The pacific ocean on Vancouver Island, breathtaking.

This is another great road. I think that was the Monte Spluga, a mountain to cross coming back from Italy. The border is on top of that pass. And it's actually guarded! At least 13 years ago when I took this picture. Imagine that, your job is on that mountain. As a Swiss, you would drive up this road every day, because this is the Swiss side of the pass :)
https://goo.gl/maps/mnzYnXYoPTA2
Honda Civic 10th gen Official Polished Metal Metallic Type R Picture Thread DSCN6966

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Polished Metal Metallic Type R Picture Thread DSCN6964