Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Anybody have any idea how to remove this. A bird capped on my car and my dumbass wiped it with a interior car wipe cloth “the wet ones” and then caused this stain. I’m a noob at detailing and was wondering if a clay bar would get that out? I had a smudge on the back of my car that wouldn’t come out hi the clay bar did the job is why I’m asking. Is this fixable or is that permanent damage that needs to be covered up with like a wrap or something. Please help

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Championship White Type R Picture Thread 35032606-4373-419B-B2FB-62CA93593267

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Championship White Type R Picture Thread 76E3ECCA-91B2-4006-BA5C-CCAD6D3CC349

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
gotta try polishing it out.
I polished mine and then put PPF over it.

those piano black pieces scratch just by looking at it.

Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
gotta try polishing it out.
I polished mine and then put PPF over it.

those piano black pieces scratch just by looking at it.
Just buy like a meguiars polishing compound and buff it out? I don’t have a polishing machine I forget the exact name of them.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Your referring to a machine like a rotary polisher or a DA (dual action).
it's hard to tell by the pics what the stain is. You can try a clay but it's definitely going to mar those piano black pieces.

might be hard to buff that out by hand.
those things are so scratch prone, you might make it worse.

i always start off with a least aggressive method and work down. I do detailing as a hobby so i have a lot of products i can use .. I personally would try a m205 on it but i don't think most people would have that laying around.

Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Your referring to a machine like a rotary polisher or a DA (dual action).
it's hard to tell by the pics what the stain is. You can try a clay but it's definitely going to mar those piano black pieces.

might be hard to buff that out by hand.
those things are so scratch prone, you might make it worse.

i always start off with a least aggressive method and work down. I do detailing as a hobby so i have a lot of products i can use .. I personally would try a m205 on it but i don't think most people would have that laying around.
I don’t even know what marring is:/

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When taking delivery of mine, those pieces were scratched up from the dealership pretty bad. I made them replace it before taking delivery.
Then I wrapped it. I don't think that will be easily repaired. My suggestion, order new trim pieces and replace, or wrap them :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Championship White Type R Picture Thread IMG_1503

jasonklor

unemployed CEO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Integra Type R #0700 | 2019 Civic Type R #25455 | 2020 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
When taking delivery of mine, those pieces were scratched up from the dealership pretty bad. I made them replace it before taking delivery.
Then I wrapped it. I don't think that will be easily repaired. My suggestion, order new trim pieces and replace, or wrap them :)

IMG_1503.jpeg
Looks great! Would you mind sharing what carbon wrap that is and where we could order it for ourselves?

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks great! Would you mind sharing what carbon wrap that is and where we could order it for ourselves?
https://www.amazon.com/VViViD-Black-Carbon-Release-Technology/dp/B073Q5CD5N/ref=sr_1_17?crid=1VB7KGHBYCB41&keywords=vvivid+carbon+fiber+vinyl+wrap&qid=1569011778&sprefix=vvivid+car,aps,182&sr=8-17
I use the Vvivid wrap for all my wrapping needs.

Additional note, if you're going to wrap the sills - remember to try to line up the pattern lines(from piece to piece) for a cleaner look :)

markq218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion tC, 2019 PMM CTR
Country flag
https://www.amazon.com/VViViD-Black-Carbon-Release-Technology/dp/B073Q5CD5N/ref=sr_1_17?crid=1VB7KGHBYCB41&keywords=vvivid+carbon+fiber+vinyl+wrap&qid=1569011778&sprefix=vvivid+car,aps,182&sr=8-17
I use the Vvivid wrap for all my wrapping needs.

Additional note, if you're going to wrap the sills - remember to try to line up the pattern lines(from piece to piece) for a cleaner look :)
Did you have to remove those pieces when you wrapped them? I have the Mugen visors coming in and debating whether or not to wrap the trim before the visors or after (cutting it right at the visor). it won't look as clean but the main reason for doing this is that I can remove the carbon wrap later on without removing the visor

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag