Official Championship White Type R Picture Thread

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
lol I had no idea. they have a lot of color options? what is it called anyway? auto pinstripe?
yeah they do. Not a lot but they had a few colors. They have black also if you want to see how it would look with the red trim removed. I opted not to remove it cause that pin stripe is super expensive from honda lol.

It's in the rice aisle (as i like to call it) in autozone. Get the 1/4" x 40' and you'll have a little bit left after you do the whole car.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It got to 43 degrees last night. OEM tires say not to operate under I think 45 degrees - I've heard they're fine at even lower temps, but OEM says what they say for a reason.
I've driven on Bridgestone Potenza RE-11s (highest performance category on tirerack) in near freezing temps (no snow on ground) regularly with no issues. Just don't drive like a clown in those situations and you should be fine. Snow tires wear faster in higher temps too.

Driveitlikeustoleit

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lada
MonkeyConQueso, I see you live in Seattle, can you comment on how the Type R performs in the rainy, wet, slippery conditions?
I'm asking because I'm moving near Vancouver BC which has similar conditions to Seattle.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
MonkeyConQueso, I see you live in Seattle, can you comment on how the Type R performs in the rainy, wet, slippery conditions?
I'm asking because I'm moving near Vancouver BC which has similar conditions to Seattle.
Factory tires, stock everything, and it drives just fine in the wet. I have zero issues when it's raining, although I do pay special attention to standing water and keep my throttle consistent.

Since I bought it in January, we had some freak snow in early February which the car did fine in at low speeds with the ultra performance summers (only had to drive a mile in it at 25-30mph) and it was 35F out.

E: To add on, I only worry about standing water and the first rain after summer honestly. I've pushed it a bit around corners in the rain, and can likely push it more (but I won't in the city), and I haven't had any traction control kicking in, or moments of drama. It's pretty freaking stable.

Last edited:

Driveitlikeustoleit

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lada
Factory tires, stock everything, and it drives just fine in the wet. I have zero issues when it's raining, although I do pay special attention to standing water and keep my throttle consistent.

Since I bought it in January, we had some freak snow in early February which the car did fine in at low speeds with the ultra performance summers (only had to drive a mile in it at 25-30mph) and it was 35F out.

E: To add on, I only worry about standing water and the first rain after summer honestly. I've pushed it a bit around corners in the rain, and can likely push it more (but I won't in the city), and I haven't had any traction control kicking in, or moments of drama. It's pretty freaking stable.
Sounds good.
Thanks.

Tone Loc

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #18323
Country flag
Put my winters on today! Fast FC04 18x8 with 225/45 Blizzak WS80's. Stock height. Very pleased with how they look. IMO they look much better than the stock wheels. The ride quality is much better too but has lost a little of that "direct" steering feel.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Championship White Type R Picture Thread dLtlG8B

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Championship White Type R Picture Thread l9wussu

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Championship White Type R Picture Thread iqpsYSz

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
yep my sons name. He wanted it on this car lol

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
got notification of big storm front and lightning coming so literally ran out in middle of dinner to take these shots i've been wanting to take...champ white vs dark ominous stormy sky.
...the "storm trooper serie" ️

IMG_9945.JPG IMG_9947.JPG IMG_9949.JPG IMG_9950.JPG IMG_9951.JPG IMG_9952.JPG IMG_9953.JPG IMG_9954.JPG
Incredible photos! How did you get “type R” on your FMIC?