First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Satin is clean and subtle...the white is going to pop quite a bit more against the blue. That being said...white!
Decisions, decisions. White will be a bear to keep clean but it should look incredible, and I do wash at least once a week so that's not too awful a concern. Question is just whether I want that much pop. Generally, I prefer subtle. But it's a CTR, it's about as subtle as a jackhammer.
Sponsored

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Giving it more thought and white is the way to go here, for me. I've got some other ideas on how to incorporate other bits in white to tie it all together as well ;)

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Decisions, decisions. White will be a bear to keep clean but it should look incredible, and I do wash at least once a week so that's not too awful a concern. Question is just whether I want that much pop. Generally, I prefer subtle. But it's a CTR, it's about as subtle as a jackhammer.
should be fine if you ceramic coat the wheels...not too many contours on the regamaster so should be easy. then just rinse with water, then follow by spray wash with microfiber, and the wheels should pop again. personally, I go with a set of glossy black...

heads up tho:
we have a gentlemen here in the SF Bay Area mentioned these wheels will bend pretty easily...the light weight nature of the these forged wheels suggest the 2" lips are pretty "thin", so with 2" cantilever (i.e. the lip), it will bend if a bigger/deeper pothole is encountered. so if where you live have very little potholes, then yes, $5k wheels togo please :)

EDIT: just to be fair, I've been drooling over these wheels for a while now :drool:

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We do have potholes, methinks maybe an insurance rider might be in order, lol. That said. these will be rims that spend time on the car from mid-late April to October, not really peak pothole season here. I also tend to be very careful with respect to road imperfections. Of course I'm not perfect, so I'll have to make sure I can protect them somehow. Thanks for the heads up, that's really good info to consider!

R-10552

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura RDX Aspec, 2019 Civic Si (wife's)
Country flag
My ‘18 mid tire rotation.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Aegean Blue Type R Picture Thread 108E449B-FF3D-4369-A6BE-D15B9C44E99A

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sunlight was hitting it just right walking out of the store. Always feel a little weird taking a picture in a parking lot, but whatever :D

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Aegean Blue Type R Picture Thread IdnoCfiYF5s3-dV543BLmsIVh_6YB4PxZL3nhXJ8SbDOn_lHurOfoke2DyWkinLL7PJw1hk9A-PaFdo8St=w1920-h790-no

sokrispy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
White wheels are awesome for five minutes then you gotta clean them again

Definitely recommend you ceramic coat them, its amazing how easy it is to clean. I just spray the wheel with water and wipe it down with a microfiber. takes maybe a minute or two per wheel.
Honda Civic 10th gen Official Aegean Blue Type R Picture Thread DSC_5549

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
White wheels are awesome for five minutes then you gotta clean them again

Definitely recommend you ceramic coat them, its amazing how easy it is to clean. I just spray the wheel with water and wipe it down with a microfiber. takes maybe a minute or two per wheel.
DSC_5549.jpg
That yours? Looks awesome! And yes, I hear you on the cleaning of them.

Ultimately I've decided that I DO want to go with the RM EVO IIs and go with them in white, those wheels will be more of a track/show setup. They are a bit too fragile to ride around on constantly but the look, the rarity, and the performance of them are something I'm willing to pay for and am betting they will prove their value on a track, but not on the street as much. So they won't get a ton of wear but will be fitted with aggressive tires. That said, it's looking like August before they'll be available on this round of pre-orders so I've got plenty of time to change my mind another half-dozen times.

And you're absolutely right, I'd have them ceramic'd and sealed before a tire was ever put on them. Good call!

sokrispy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
That yours? Looks awesome! And yes, I hear you on the cleaning of them.

Ultimately I've decided that I DO want to go with the RM EVO IIs and go with them in white, those wheels will be more of a track/show setup. They are a bit too fragile to ride around on constantly but the look, the rarity, and the performance of them are something I'm willing to pay for and am betting they will prove their value on a track, but not on the street as much. So they won't get a ton of wear but will be fitted with aggressive tires. That said, it's looking like August before they'll be available on this round of pre-orders so I've got plenty of time to change my mind another half-dozen times.

And you're absolutely right, I'd have them ceramic'd and sealed before a tire was ever put on them. Good call!
Yep it’s mine, just put the wheels on a few days ago. Thanks!

Glad to hear you’re set on white Regas. I originally wanted that setup but it was way out of my price range and a +45 wasn’t aggressive enough for me.

It’ll definitely look good, can’t wait to see it! I haven’t seen an Aegean Blue on Desmonds yet.

Why wouldn’t they be good for street use? The wheels are made for track use so they’re durable. Combined with a 35 or 40 sidewall they’ll be more than strong enough for the street.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep it’s mine, just put the wheels on a few days ago. Thanks!

Glad to hear you’re set on white Regas. I originally wanted that setup but it was way out of my price range and a +45 wasn’t aggressive enough for me.

It’ll definitely look good, can’t wait to see it! I haven’t seen an Aegean Blue on Desmonds yet.

Why wouldn’t they be good for street use? The wheels are made for track use so they’re durable. Combined with a 35 or 40 sidewall they’ll be more than strong enough for the street.
You're probably right but with that rare and pricy a setup, with Work wheels ready to go for daily activity, I'd prefer to be conservative is all. No potholes on a track at least but the lateral forces on the rims are absolutely a factor and I know they'll hold up well there.

I was against +45 until I tried to make +38 work. I can either have a square tire/wheel setup which I greatly prefer, but to do that I have to go shorter than stock height (265/35-18 < 245/30-20) which I've had and do not like. The car doesn't need shorter gearing. I've also had a setup taller than stock (245/35-20) and I prefer it greatly (Dragy runs are faster as well on the taller setup).

So I compromised on the +38s and went slightly stretched look but slightly taller than stock with a 255/40-18 PS4S. At least with +45 I can do 275/35-18 since I am staying stock height, have the look and the height I'm after. And I think it's flush enough for me.

Regardless, I appreciate the discussion!

Vadren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '19 Subaru Ascent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got around to throwing this decal on the car. Had it since September when I went to Germany.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official Aegean Blue Type R Picture Thread 20190421_201405[1]

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, the hard part is done. EVOs are ordered and I was able to get the last spot for a set in white, delivery expected end of May. Now to pick tires.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Advan AD08R? I'm on the Advan V105 and they are pretty sticky! :)
AD08R and A052 are top contenders in 265/35 width, but also considering RE71r or the 'ole stalwart PS4S in 275/35 form. Since I already have PS4S on my 18s and I'm not all that thrilled about what i'd give up with wet traction on re71rs, it's probably going to come down to Yokos.

Do the V105s run wide like the other Advan options?
Sponsored