Official: 2018 Civic Type R unveiling at Geneva!!!

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is good information and all but do you think that we'll get any specs from this debut. Im still waiting on info/specs on the Si..
I'm sure we're going to get all the information on it. It is the production DEBUT. It be dumb for Honda if they didn't tell us the specs by now if they're aiming for a spring/summer release.
Sponsored

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm sure we're going to get all the information on it. It is the production DEBUT. It be dumb for Honda if they didn't tell us the specs by now if they're aiming for a spring/summer release.
For the 10th Gen Civic Sedan debut back on September 16, 2015, Honda provided what engine choices will be available but no powertrain details and specifics. Those became available closer to launch. I hope it won't be the same with the Type R.

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the 10th Gen Civic Sedan debut back on September 16, 2015, Honda provided what engine choices will be available but no powertrain details and specifics. Those became available closer to launch. I hope it won't be the same with the Type R.
Same, hopefully we get at least pricing. We already know its going to be a beast regardless of horsepower.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same, hopefully we get at least pricing. We already know its going to be a beast regardless of horsepower.
Knowing Honda, they'll announce it will have a 2.0L turbo mated to a six speed manual transmission only with no other specifics. Things we already know. A month after that, they'll give us the full specs.

OP
OP

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I think most details are somewhat already known. Specifics like power and drive modes are still uncertain. The different trim levels are also unknown. GT package? Race Base package?

Another words, the specifics are the only thing left to announce.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I told you guys it will be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show ;)

@JYR I thought your sources said it's going to be released in April?

OP
OP

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I told you guys it will be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show ;)

@JYR I thought your sources said it's going to be released in April?
My sources said that dealers are to be ready for an April launch. If it's ready for April, its also ready for May, June, July, Aug....

FWIW, I also mentioned Geneva. It was stated in a Swindon news paper article last month, though nothing official from Honda was stated. Honda UK unveiled these details of a Geneva debut.

And don't jump the gun here. At this point, we finally have a production model unveil date. Late April, early May is still not out of the question, not to mention, dealers also support press vehicles.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
My sources said that dealers are to be ready for an April launch. If it's ready for April, its also ready for May, June, July, Aug....

FWIW, I also mentioned Geneva. It was stated in a Swindon news paper article last month, though nothing official from Honda was stated. Honda UK unveiled these details of a Geneva debut.

And don't jump the gun here. At this point, we finally have a production model unveil date. Late April, early May is still not out of the question, not to mention, dealers also support press vehicles.
Ah I see, the moderator probably edited your post on the first page

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Not too long off we will have a whole new parts bin for our 2016's!
It will be a great day when I find a type R at salvage!

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
What I like most about the Honda UK Facebook post are these words:

"The #TypeR is just one of a number of key glimpses into Honda's future at the show. More to follow ..."

To me, this says there are more performance vehicles to come.
The post from @sanderholland indicates what will also be announced as key glimpses:
  • Honda Clarity Fuel Cell
  • Honda NeuV
  • Honda CTR

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I think most details are somewhat already known. Specifics like power and drive modes are still uncertain. The different trim levels are also unknown. GT package? Race Base package?

Another words, the specifics are the only thing left to announce.
I have a feeling there will only be 1 model package, because when I ordered mine it was only available as 1 model. Black or white were the only options.

OP
OP

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
I have a feeling there will only be 1 model package, because when I ordered mine it was only available as 1 model. Black or white were the only options.
Of course it was only available as 1 model. It is still a prototype. Post up your build sheet, please.
Sponsored