Official 1/4 Mile Drag Times

SlaughterR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, so I noticed no one seems to be posting any 1/4 mile times. I know the car is meant for road course tracks, but I grew up with drag racing and the track is less than 10 mins away.

So.... Today I finally decided to give her a run for fun. I was surprised my first pass was my best but all other times were mostly consistent. This thing will wheel hop the sh#%t out of you if you don't leave right. Still tons of fun and it put a smile on my face.

Car is factory stock, air pressure and all.
Honda Civic 10th gen Official 1/4 Mile Drag Times 0901171846
Honda Civic 10th gen Official 1/4 Mile Drag Times 0901172209
Honda Civic 10th gen Official 1/4 Mile Drag Times 0901172118_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen Official 1/4 Mile Drag Times 0901171842_HDR

Last edited:

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
Is it true that 3500 is the max RPM you can rev it to on a launch? If so that's holding it back a bit as a higher RPM launch would probably bring down the times a bit.

OP
OP
SlaughterR

SlaughterR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it true that 3500 is the max RPM you can rev it to on a launch? If so that's holding it back a bit as a higher RPM launch would probably bring down the times a bit.
That is correct 3500. And honestly if it reved higher it would just spin or hop its ass off. It already spins and hops baddd now. If you don't have throttle control it will hop through 1st and all of 2nd

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
That is correct 3500. And honestly if it reved higher it would just spin or hop its ass off. It already spins and hops baddd now. If you don't have throttle control it will hop through 1st and all of 2nd
I agree it makes it easier to launch for most of us but I'm sure the magazines could get better times as they could probably squeeze an extra tenth of a second or so.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
My question is what kind of car was #261? Lol

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
R/T of .009? Not physiologically possible. Driver got very lucky, or there is something wrong with the timing system at that track.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Hey guys, so I noticed no one seems to be posting any 1/4 mile times. I know the car is meant for road course tracks, but I grew up with drag racing and the track is less than 10 mins away.So.... Today I finally decided to give her a run for fun. I was surprised first pass was my best but all other times were mostly consistent. This thing will wheel hop the sh#%t out of you if you don't leave right. Still tons of fun and it put a smile on my face
0901171842_HDR.jpg
Thanks for sharing, I've been to the drag with other cars and it seems to be the pattern, the first run is always the quickest due the tires have proper temperature to stick better.

jmayo1056

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R PMM #1056
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I launched at 3500 and it spun. I did the 13.8 run at 3000 and it bogged a bit. I think 3200 may be a good number.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
R/T of .009? Not physiologically possible. Driver got very lucky, or there is something wrong with the timing system at that track.
As the amber lights count down you can anticipate when the green light goes on. if your very lucky you can get it perfect but it's hard, the car itself has its own reaction time to your inputs. Guess too early you redlight and lose the race.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
As the amber lights count down you can anticipate when the green light goes on. if your very lucky you can get it perfect but it's hard, the car itself has its own reaction time to your inputs. Guess too early you redlight and lose the race.
The NHRA changed the timing system requirements in the last couple of years because racers figured out how to go based on timing the ambers. Now there's a random delay between the last amber and the green to keep people from "counting down".

In all honesty, RT only matters in heads up racing. It's not about who crosses the line first, it's about who runs the fastest time. ET doesn't start until you actually leave.
Sponsored