Offical "Si Dealer Naughty List" thread

BallisticSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback, 2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
New Civic Si owner here. My daughter is driving on her permit and we decide to let her have my 2019 EX Hatch and I started looking at Honda manual trans options. I decided that the Si seemed like a nice option. Some dealers in my area (Northwest NJ) had some. I saw some listed $24,360, which was $1,795 below MSRP. Quite attractive.

So I called Clinton Honda who had some on their lot. They quoted me this low price and I set up an appointment to test drive the car. 5 minutes later he called me back to say "sorry, I talked to the sales manger and he said "what are you nuts!!! You can't sell THAT car at that price. There's big demand on that car!!". At least he showed me the courtesy of calling me back to let me know.

The following day, Honda of Princeton sent me a quote and I spoke with the person on the phone. They showed 3 on the lot, but in fact two had been sold in the past couple of days. They said they would honor the discounted price they showed on the webpage. So I went in for a test drive and bought myself a 2020 Rallye red Civic Si Sedan for $24,360. Turns out that the car was on the lot for only 2 hours before I purchased it!!

So kudos to Honda of Princeton for honoring the price they showed on the website for the car despite the demand they were seeing.

As a side note, this car is absolutely AMAZING. I loved my hatch, but this is a whole new level. I drove a Volvo T5 S60 for 7 years and I can say that the Si sedan is at the same level...at quite a smaller cost.

svffr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 PMM Civic EX, '19 CBP Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lumberton Honda, North Carolina. They wanted $28,500 for a 2020. Laughed and walked out.

Story:

Was interested in trading my '19 Si for the 2020 so I figured I go down there and see what they have.
I showed up and was immediately greeted by a Sales person (forgot his name) Nice guy, he walked me over to their only Si on the lot which was red and I immediately lost interest because of the color. I still entertained him because I was genuinely interested in a 2020, just not red. We went on a test drive and it drove great, better than my Si. One thing I didn't like what his insistance on showing me all the features of the vehicle despite him knowing I have one, because I just pulled up in one lol. I did ask him to explain the new Sensing features which I wasn't too hot about. We sat down and bam, $28.5. I asked him if he thought he was selling supercars because that markup is outrageous plus I didn't want it in red. He was obviously desperate to sell this as he kept asking me what it would take for me to get in this car today so I'm sure I could have gotten it down at MSRP. I also looked at the 2021 CTR they had and about laughed at the $44k price tag.

On a side note, the Si and CTR were pinstriped down the side, I don't know who at the dealership thought that was a good idea but it comes with like a $150 markup.

On another side note, they had the CTR in the detailing bay when I arrived, watched it be molested by dry towels on a dry surface, no lubrication. RIP the paint.

Overall experience was a 7/10 I would probably take my business elsewhere simply due to the out there prices and vibe of the salesman.

Last edited:

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your guy robbed you. You wanted to finance, he smooth talked you into a lease that's going to be WAY more expensive for you when all is said and done.
It’s not a bad deal at all.

$270 x 36 months = $9,720. $1,000 down and he’ll be in $10,720 at the end of the lease.

$14,000 residual price + $10,720 lease cost = $24,720 total purchase price if he buys it out.

That’s a low residual which is good for him. It likely means a chance to buy the car at lease end for under its market value. It’s assuming 45% depreciation when tenth gen Si trend more around 23-25%. (I know this because it’s one of the reasons I went with the Si.)

If things change and used Si prices tank he can walk away at the end of the lease. Right now, though, not many 3yo Si’s up for sale for $14k.

CodeFault005

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe- Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Went to the dealership where I bought my car to take advantage of one of my two complimentary oil changes. The second I won't be able to receive because I'm moving back to Texas soon. So the discussion started with the service writer in regards to whether or not the extended warranty program I purchased covered a oil change on the transmission as well. Let it be known, I have a Si coupe. They said no. So I began to inquire further and asked how much that would run. The writer told me $167, I couldn't hide my astonishment at that point and asked, probably louder than I should,"W.T.F. for?". To which he replied, "Well, a transmission flush, of course..."
"You do realize this is a manual transmission, right? You don't 'flush' this transmission!" I pushed.
He kept insisting it was the same. I moved on. Dude asked me if I wanted a wash, to which I told him the car had just been washed, no thanks. So I hand over the key and go hang out.
They finally call me to pick up my paper work and car. I've been on the phone most of the waiting time trying to calm my wife enough to talk to her in regards to what the SPP actually covers. So my attention isn't the sharpest. I head out.
On the drive home I notice a funny vibration on my front. When I get home that's when I check the paperwork. I see that they rotated my tires that I had just put on. Then things started to click real quick... how did they get the lugs off? Did they use a impact? Of course the did! Did they loose one of my hub-centric rings? Why did they even touch my aftermarket wheels!?!
I got out of the car to see the horror that yes they had used a impact on my lugs, and that they were all scuffed to hell and back. I thought that I needed to still check and see if my hub-centric rings were still on, looked into my glovebox and my lug keys were not there anymore. Not only did they rotate my wheels without permission but they dug around in my glovebox as well! I lit the phone up and called that service writer to raise hell! He claimed that we had talked about a rotation, to which I relayed our entire conversation content. He stuck to his story. At that point I told him someone needed to take care of this. I didn't authorize a rotation and if that had been brought up there would have been a decline of that as well. I had JUST gotten the wheels to where they didn't have vibrations anymore and they went off and pissed all of that effort to the wind. He said he'd replace my lugs. Well, it's been a week now with no affirmation or tracking number to show that they have been purchased. Luckily I went down there the next day and got my keys. I'll add one more thing. I have a collectible JG Edelbrock piston oil cap that I have transferred from one car to the next since about 2004. I remembered this a few days later and got scared that it didn't make it back onto the car. I got home two days ago and popped the hood. Luckily enough, the cap was still there. It had been put on so friggin tight I have to wrestle with it for 20 mins to get it off the car, but my efforts finally prevailed!
Brandon Honda, FL has a great sales team but their service team is very lacking.
Sponsored

Last edited: