OEM Tires

ctash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring - Aegean Blue (delivered 12/23/2015)
Country flag
That was me. They gave me 75 bucks each for my OEM Firestone's. I paid 370 for the new Mastercrafts including the credit
Which shop/dealer gave you get a credit for your tires?
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Which shop/dealer gave you get a credit for your tires?
Town Fair Tire in West Springfield Massachusetts
Each one is independently owned and operated, so I cannot guarantee if there is one near you, they will give you the same deal.
I also only had 309 miles on my OEMs

Last edited:

fltireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I will be switching to Michelin Defender's on my Touring for all year driving. They are quiet and great on rain and snow. They last 70 to 90K miles. I have them on my 2006 Civic Hybrid
Michelin does NOT make a Defender in 2155017, Premier,Energy Saver A/S,MXM4 are the current products

fltireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
For the Touring 17" wheels, its $685 for a set of 4 on Tire Rack. OUCH, however, 90K miles of great tires may be worth it. This is without rebates or anything - I will probably wait.

Someone said they were able to get a credit of $75 per tire for their Firestones. Will have to ask the local tire shops
You REALLY don't want to put a SUV tire on a Civic, do you...? (Defender LTX) although, the white letters might look cool to some...

fltireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
My bad. New product, with extremely limited availability - none anywhere near Florida, only a few hundred nationwide

Oh, actual dealer cost is shown on the second image, before any rebates,mor co op money to the dealer.,this is the cost to a HUGE 1000+ location chain

Attachments

Last edited:

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, I'm not fond of the oem tires on the Touring. During the test drive, me and my passenger noticed immediately that the road noise is louder than my 06 Civic EX with BF Goodrich Advantage T/A. I need to do some research and find a good set for down here in Florida. Even when I had my Bridgestone Turanza, I thought that was a little better.

fltireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I agree, I'm not fond of the oem tires on the Touring. During the test drive, me and my passenger noticed immediately that the road noise is louder than my 06 Civic EX with BF Goodrich Advantage T/A. I need to do some research and find a good set for down here in Florida. Even when I had my Bridgestone Turanza, I thought that was a little better.
I'd probably go with the Michelin Premier, that's what I put on my Touring..should be good with our rainy season...

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I got Mastercraft's, they are made by Cooper. Reasonably priced and they do very well in rain, which I assume would be a consideration in Florida

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'd probably go with the Michelin Premier, that's what I put on my Touring..should be good with our rainy season...
Thanks. I was actually looking at that at Tire Rack, as well as the Pirelli Cinturato P7. Briefly researching it, I may be leaning towards the Pirelli, but the the Premier looks like an option for me as well.

I got Mastercraft's, they are made by Cooper. Reasonably priced and they do very well in rain, which I assume would be a consideration in Florida
I'll look into this as well. Yeah, it's definitely going to be a factor for rainy environment.

fltireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Thanks. I was actually looking at that at Tire Rack, as well as the Pirelli Cinturato P7. Briefly researching it, I may be leaning towards the Pirelli, but the the Premier looks like an option for me as well.

I'll look into this as well. Yeah, it's definitely going to be a factor for rainy environment.
The biggest benefit for the Michelin over the pirelli or the Mastercraft, is the fact that it will retain its wet traction throughout the life of the tire. Neither of the other two tires will. They will be great for the first year or so, but the second year they won't be anywhere near as good in the rain as the tread wears. The Bridgestone Serenity is also a great choice for here.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Just talked to my local tire shop and they recommended the Premier as well. Might have to go for it sometime in March since they said there's a $70 rebate going on around that time. I'd be looking at about $700 (after taxes, installation and rebate). My local shop doesn't offer any credit for the oem tires, so I'll probably try to sell them myself.

The biggest benefit for the Michelin over the pirelli or the Mastercraft, is the fact that it will retain its wet traction throughout the life of the tire. Neither of the other two tires will. They will be great for the first year or so, but the second year they won't be anywhere near as good in the rain as the tread wears. The Bridgestone Serenity is also a great choice for here.

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Anyone have experience with Continental's ExtremeContact DWS 06?