OEM Tires

Paul H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring and 2015 Sonata GL
Country flag
We love our new 16 touring - the only negative is Honda really cheaped out on the touring model with the crappy Firestone no crip tires...............good news is we have Michelin snows on till spring ...Cheers p
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
We love our new 16 touring - the only negative is Honda really cheaped out on the touring model with the crappy Firestone no crip tires...............good news is we have Michelin snows on till spring ...Cheers p
I replaced my Firestones with some all season Mastercrafts, Made by Cooper tires.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had my Civic delivered with Michelin X-Ice as well. Are the factory Firestones really that bad or just not as good as a top rated tire. Honda can't put a dangerous tire on one of their cars, can they?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Had my Civic delivered with Michelin X-Ice as well. Are the factory Firestones really that bad or just not as good as a top rated tire. Honda can't put a dangerous tire on one of their cars, can they?
I would not say the firestones are dangerous, but there are definitely better choices for all season tires.
The tire store I went to explained the firestone as OEM choice as they are ultra quiet and give a soft ride, but they leave a lot to be desired for New England Traction needs for snow and rain.

OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No way are they dangerous however I think they would be near the bottom of any comparison tire test. - we will wait and see - Cheers p

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Ultra quiet and soft ride are very admirable traits. If the testing can be believed they also rated an A for both traction and temperature. I like mine, now I'm curious to see how durable they are.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ultra quiet and soft ride are very admirable traits. If the testing can be believed they also rated an A for both traction and temperature. I like mine, now I'm curious to see how durable they are.
Mine hydroplaned like crazy. The sidewalls are not open enough to handle a lot of water or snow. Today us the first day I've had the new tires on in heavy rain and the new tires performed excellent. No hydroplaning at all.
And these tires I chose are ultra quiet, smooth ride and handle well.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I will be switching to Michelin Defender's on my Touring for all year driving. They are quiet and great on rain and snow. They last 70 to 90K miles. I have them on my 2006 Civic Hybrid

OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Defenders - good choice..................tires are one of the most important parts of your car - remember at all times your are running on only 4 patches of rubber about the size of your hand - all tires are not born equal.
Cheers p

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
H
I will be switching to Michelin Defender's on my Touring for all year driving. They are quiet and great on rain and snow. They last 70 to 90K miles. I have them on my 2006 Civic Hybrid
How much are those per tire?

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
For the Touring 17" wheels, its $685 for a set of 4 on Tire Rack. OUCH, however, 90K miles of great tires may be worth it. This is without rebates or anything - I will probably wait.

Someone said they were able to get a credit of $75 per tire for their Firestones. Will have to ask the local tire shops

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For the Touring 17" wheels, its $685 for a set of 4 on Tire Rack. OUCH, however, 90K miles of great tires may be worth it. This is without rebates or anything - I will probably wait.

Someone said they were able to get a credit of $75 per tire for their Firestones. Will have to ask the local tire shops
That was me. They gave me 75 bucks each for my OEM Firestone's. I paid 370 for the new Mastercrafts including the credit

OP
OP
Paul H

Paul H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had never heard of Mastercraft Tires - in Canada Mastercraft is a brand of products (tools) sold at Canadian Tire Stores........................

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had never heard of Mastercraft Tires - in Canada Mastercraft is a brand of products (tools) sold at Canadian Tire Stores........................
LoL I had never heard of them either. But they told me they are made by Cooper Tires. They have a decent tread life on them. I liked the Toyo brand, but they were 195.00 each
Sponsored