OEM-Style Snap-In Buttons for Dash Blanks?

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am looking to wire up my uniden r3 direct power box led/mute to one of the dash blanks in my 2018 Si Sedan. I know I can just use almost any old led button by drilling through the blank, but I was wondering it there are OEM style buttons that I can use instead (to keep the aesthetic).

I have seen some TPMS and USB chargers that fit the blanks, but I have yet to find a generic button (not rocker) that fits. Am I shit outta luck? Should I just drill through the blank and mount a circular led button? Or are there cleaner, decent fitting OEM or aftermarket buttons that fit the blank?

I have heard some folk mention that some of the blanks are standard marine size, but I have yet to find a marine button that would fit the blank.

Ideally, it would replace a blank next to my stick, alternatively it would go in a blank to the left of the steering wheel.

Anyways, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

joeyfan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport HB 6M, 2017 Subaru Outback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm following this thread because I'm looking to hard-wire a garage door opener into my Civic Sport and I'd love to tap a factory-looking switch to activate it. I have a drill-through momentary switch in the to-do parts bin but an OEM look would be sooo much nicer!

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm following this thread because I'm looking to hard-wire a garage door opener into my Civic Sport and I'd love to tap a factory-looking switch to activate it. I have a drill-through momentary switch in the to-do parts bin but an OEM look would be sooo much nicer!
do the homelink mod.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I never found a clean OEM solution to button blanks.

Just to wrap up this thread, I opted for custom switches on my lower dash and a custom radar detector mute button/alert led on my center console. Pics below.

I would still be interested in finding a source for these button blanks, preferably without icons on them.

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-Style Snap-In Buttons for Dash Blanks? 20190515_203054

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-Style Snap-In Buttons for Dash Blanks? 20190525_204423

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
hey, I was actually interested in the same thing as you. Yeah, it's hard to find one that doesn't have printed labels. At this point, I think maybe it's worth considering stripping the printed label (if the label appears to be printed on) or strip the entire face (if it's one of those that is actually translucent button but painted black overall). With that in mind, finding options could be cheaper. I'm seeing you can buy sets of these for relatively cheap.

As far as the button that could've gone on top of the sport button (next to your shifter), I actually found something on the right hand drive market (basically the asian market have their 'brake hold' button on the right side). If you want the part number, I can possible go back into my notes or search history.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-Style Snap-In Buttons for Dash Blanks? upload_2019-6-28_21-42-27

Last edited:

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
At this point, I think our best bet is 3D printing... which I'm talking with a hobbyist friend who has some expertise in that area if it's worth it.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The aftermarket fog light switch in my dash panel fit perfectly in those blank spots. There are just generic honda fog light switches

17sicoupe

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I have found a push button on amazon, it is however a fog light push button, but I’m sure with a little creativity the printing can be changed, it’s for blanks to the left of the steering wheel. I’ve measured my blanks and they seem to be the same measurement, I’ve ordered one but I am still waiting to see if it actually fits properly

Here’s the link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PTQ2H2Z?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-Style Snap-In Buttons for Dash Blanks? 8D4B5C83-42EE-4F58-9AA4-A4CCF239C8E1

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I have found a push button on amazon, it is however a fog light push button, but I’m sure with a little creativity the printing can be changed, it’s for blanks to the left of the steering wheel. I’ve measured my blanks and they seem to be the same measurement, I’ve ordered one but I am still waiting to see if it actually fits properly

Here’s the link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PTQ2H2Z?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

8D4B5C83-42EE-4F58-9AA4-A4CCF239C8E1.jpeg
I just bought this same switch, It showed up a few days ago but I haven't started on fitting it yet as my project is a little odd. At the same time I have my bumper off, and I install my new egg-crate grill I want to intall and use this switch to override my OEM turn-signal stalk fog-light switch to turn on my OEM fog lights plus a set of aftermarket driving lights. I can do this with 3 automotive relays quite easily if I use a relay on each OEM fog in "reverse" so the common on the relay feeds the fogs when the relays aren't energized but tap the high-beam circuit back into the dashboard switch to feed these two fog-light relays plus the aftermarket driving lights. This way my fogs and driving lights will only be on when:
a) high beams are selected, and
b) when this switch is turned on

Have you checked it for adequate fit?

Last edited:

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
So I never found a clean OEM solution to button blanks.

Just to wrap up this thread, I opted for custom switches on my lower dash and a custom radar detector mute button/alert led on my center console. Pics below.

I would still be interested in finding a source for these button blanks, preferably without icons on them.

20190515_203054.jpg

20190525_204423.jpg
what functionality do you have tied to all those switches? esp the one next to the stick? what do they do?

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
what functionality do you have tied to all those switches? esp the one next to the stick? what do they do?
those are nice looking switches, but I'd never be able to install them there on my civic - I'd shear them off with my knee.
I'm going to keep pursuing the installation of switches in the switch blanks, one for my fog lights to be on alone and one to enable driving lights with high-beams

WallofKron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan
Country flag
those are nice looking switches, but I'd never be able to install them there on my civic - I'd shear them off with my knee.
I'm going to keep pursuing the installation of switches in the switch blanks, one for my fog lights to be on alone and one to enable driving lights with high-beams
I wasn't the original poster of those images.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Functionality for the LED SPST bat switches (left to right, top to bottom):

switches 1-3: powered by relay #1 (Acc power - only on when car Acc is on)
1. Expansion/Free
2. Dashcams - running on Acc power (parking Batt power switch is on the Power Magic Pro under in the footwell)
3. Uniden R3 Radar Detector Acc power

switches 4-6: obd2 devices (3-way splitter with 12v batt pins spliced to switches)
4. Carloop odb2 reader
5. GPS Tracker (currently disabled as it was too greedy on the odb2 bus)
6. Ktuner

switches 7-9: relays
7. Expansion/Free
8. Relay #2 (wired to 6-switch/2-circuit box in passenger footwell)
9. Relay #1 (powers aftermarket hardwired cabin accessories, including switches 1-3 above)

Power for relays (and subsequently all connected devices) is provided through a discreet 12v Batt cable run through the hood release cable grommet.

The console switch? It is a mute/dimming button for the Uniden R3. It blinks a red ring when the detector alerts. A short press mutes, a long press cycles dimming modes. Basically, it is neat and I wanted to not move my hand so far from the stick to mute - now it is really convenient to mute.

Obligatory videos of the mute button in action:
And the initial test of the wiring harness splices:
Sponsored

Last edited: