Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Great job on the perfect camera angles for each set up. I definitely prefer the small setting, but even at the large setting, they're still not as gaudy as the RA ones.
Thanks! I thought it makes sense to have steady shots since the differences can be subtle :)

Nice - lookin great. I like the small look. Well done man.
I'm glad you like the small config, Thawk :)

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
@keiothic hows your production coming along?
The ABS plastic has been ordered on Thursday, could've been here yesterday (Friday) but the cutter called in sick, so I won't be able to pick them up until Tuesday. I was thinking of spending the 3-day weekend working on them, but I guess it couldn't be helped :(. I'll try my best to stick to my timeline, but I'll let you know if I'm delayed. (It won't be too long if that's the case TBH... hopefully...)

Meanwhile I got some tools and scraps of ABS sheets that I can practice cutting, drilling and sanding around with. Hopefully that'll speed up when I work on the real ones.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Meanwhile, was out and about today and found an STI rocking the Rally Armor. First time for me to really pay attention to these flaps after watching install videos of it on YouTube. I secretly <_< felt the material and definitely theirs is a much more rubberized material, something that felt closer to a tire than a car panel material. Either this car/flap has gone through some sh*t or the owner could care less about doing a pleasing-to-the-eye install.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards type-r-sti

Taken with a camera phone without a tripod, so I couldn't stage a 1-to-1 composition, sorry.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards upload_2019-5-25_19-22-44

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards upload_2019-5-25_19-22-59

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards upload_2019-5-25_19-23-22

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards upload_2019-5-25_19-23-43

LansocK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ CTR, 15’ STI
Country flag
The small looks great. I added my name to the list.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
I'm starting to work on them, guys. Sorry for the radio silence... I've received the shipment of ABS and they've been cut to my specific measurements at the shop. I still have to do bit of cutting for the side residing in the inner wheel wells and also rounding some corners for a better look. I'm sorting those out now. Man, nothing motorized play nice with ABS. May have to resort 85% of the work by hand to meet my desired outcome.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards upload_2019-5-29_21-31-40

xLucidDream450

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Meanwhile, was out and about today and found an STI rocking the Rally Armor. First time for me to really pay attention to these flaps after watching install videos of it on YouTube. I secretly <_< felt the material and definitely theirs is a much more rubberized material, something that felt closer to a tire than a car panel material. Either this car/flap has gone through some sh*t or the owner could care less about doing a pleasing-to-the-eye install.
It has a more rubberized feel because they are made from polyurethane.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
@Thawk what do you think? Slim enough for you? If so, this will be the smallest config now officially. The previous medium will be the new large.

Please tell me that no1 is gonna be bothered by that small diagonal cut up top...
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards upload_2019-5-30_20-9-8

ucf_bronco

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Looks great! Top part doesn't bother me at all. Ready to purchase!

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I was thinking about these on my drive to work this morning. So many little pebbles could be heard smacking the sides of the car *cringe*. All on paved roads but in the boonies enough to get more pebbles than a city road. *cringes more* lol Do I need to put what size I'd like on the google sheet? I remember putting my name down though a while back

*Edit: I looked at the sheet. Will there be a column to notify of what size we'd like?

Last edited:

nickjohn35

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2017 PMM Typer R. Former: 2004 350Z
Country flag
@Thawk what do you think? Slim enough for you? If so, this will be the smallest config now officially. The previous medium will be the new large.

Please tell me that no1 is gonna be bothered by that small diagonal cut up top...
upload_2019-5-30_20-9-8.png
I’m either blind or I need more coffee... but what do you mean “small diagonal cut up top”. I don’t think I’m seeing it...

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
I’m either blind or I need more coffee... but what do you mean “small diagonal cut up top”. I don’t think I’m seeing it...
If you're not seeing it, I'll take it as a good sign lol.

I was thinking about these on my drive to work this morning. So many little pebbles could be heard smacking the sides of the car *cringe*. All on paved roads but in the boonies enough to get more pebbles than a city road. *cringes more* lol Do I need to put what size I'd like on the google sheet? I remember putting my name down though a while back

*Edit: I looked at the sheet. Will there be a column to notify of what size we'd like?
You don't need to put size, thus the adjustability of my rock guards. Tuck them in when you drive normally, flair them out when you want more protection (autocross, race track, etc.)

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
ohhh...I knew that -_- heh now I'm the one that needs more coffee
Sponsored