OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards

_leslietu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 S14 & '19 CW CTR
Country flag
I neeeeeeeeedddddddd these now. Looks good, which materials did you use?

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
Nice, can you take a shot from a bit further away - seeing the whole car from front quarter and rear quarter? I'm curious how noticeable they look when taking in the whole view.

Obviously not urgent - just if you get the chance.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
I neeeeeeeeedddddddd these now. Looks good, which materials did you use?
ABS with haircell texture on both sides. Y'all are only 1 sided texture though. I recommend the shiny side to be the sacrificial side as they're far from being scratch resistant. The texture side is easier to maintain.

I've been meaning to attend some cars and coffee meetup or the like. Perhaps I'll shout out local folks if they wanna see/get in person.

all signed up! :)
Thank you, I see you.

Nice, can you take a shot from a bit further away - seeing the whole car from front quarter and rear quarter? I'm curious how noticeable they look when taking in the whole view.

Obviously not urgent - just if you get the chance.
This is as far as I got, taken last week or so. Is this an acceptable protrusion?
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards upload_2019-5-17_15-3-49

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
Nice - thanks. Yeah that's looking pretty good. I'm on the fence about doing the rears, and there's a chance I'd shave them down/move them in a bit, but it's hard to judge without being able to walk around. I'm liking this more discreet option potential :)

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Nice - thanks. Yeah that's looking pretty good. I'm on the fence about doing the rears, and there's a chance I'd shave them down/move them in a bit, but it's hard to judge without being able to walk around. I'm liking this more discreet option potential :)
If you change your mind, just leave me a note in the Google Sheet. I can make a little bit adjustments for you since I'm personally hand-crafting these.

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
If you change your mind, just leave me a note in the Google Sheet. I can make a little bit adjustments for you since I'm personally hand-crafting these.
Oh cool - let me know when we have to finalize with you too. I'm thinking I may just end up getting rears too just to have them in case I change my mind later.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
Add my name to the list.
Any ETA?
Optimistically? 2 weeks. I should get the raw material early next week (hopefully) and then I'll work on them after work and next weekend.

BTW, I saw your notes, like I mentioned, I'm not providing the molding tape, just the rock guards. I suggest buying the 1/2" x 5' from Amazon. Plenty enough if you mess up but not too plenty that you don't have use for them (it's a $4 add-on item, but you can buy it standalone same price). For the rear, thankfully you don't have to worry too much about curving around too much. I will draw some outlines for you that matches the arches. That should help where you should put tape.

Last edited:

DuneShoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '16 Tacoma
Country flag
Optimistically? 2 weeks. I should get the raw material early next week (hopefully) and then I'll work on them after work and next weekend.

BTW, I saw your notes, like I mentioned, I'm not providing the molding tape, just the rock guards. I suggest buying the 1/2" x 5' from Amazon. Plenty enough if you mess up but not too plenty that you don't have use for them (it's a $4 add-on item, but you can buy it standalone same price). For the rear, thankfully you don't have to worry too much about curving around too much. I will draw some outlines for you that matches the arches. That should help where you should put tape.
That will work, thanks.

OP
OP
keiothic

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
FINAL ADJUSTABILITY TESTING - MINIMAL VS BEST PROTECTION - USE CASES
This weekend I did some final testing on the adjustability of my guards with some test cardboard. I hope that by doing some comparison graphics at right enough angle, they can give you a better understanding on how they look, protrusion wise. At the moment, it seems to be a very safe bet that at the largest protrusion of these guards, you will NOT see the drill holes being exposed. This is as long as I maintain a good balance between the drill holes for smallest configuration is to the largest. That being said, I would believe that my largest config already matches that of Rally Armor, while the smallest matches Honda's OEM splash guard for regular Civic (the 3D guards that wrap around the sides, not just a sheet). These are how I'm going to try to deliver you the product. If you prefer even more closed in (CC: @Thawk) I would suggest that you sand a bit more of the drill holes horizontally, following my oblong shaped holes. Just know that if you ever extend the rock guards outward means:
1. You may expose those holes, making them look kinda ugly.
2. Aerodynamics? (Granted that adding this may already slightly add to that factor)
All and all, yeah I do think these adjustments seem minimal. I do still like the fact that if you ever go auto-crossing, you can adjust these (at least the front ones) out to the max, and when you attend a Cars and Coffee, you can tuck them in for a better look lol.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards FRONT-GUARD-VIEW

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards FRONT-GUARD-SIDE-VIEW

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards REAR-GUARD-VIEW

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards FRONT-GUARD-SIDE-VIEW-2

BTW, The final height of these rock guards have been revised from 15" to 16".

EDIT from 6/2/19: Medium is now the new large, small is now more closer to the fender lip.

Last edited:

SGP-R

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonic Gray Pearl CTR '19 #26529, '17 Civic EX-L
Country flag
FINAL ADJUSTABILITY TESTING - MINIMAL VS BEST PROTECTION - USE CASES
This weekend I did some final testing on the adjustability of my guards with some test cardboard. I hope that by doing some comparison graphics at right enough angle, they can give you a better understanding on how they look, protrusion wise. At the moment, it seems to be a very safe bet that at the largest protrusion of these guards, you will NOT see the drill holes being exposed. This is as long as I maintain a good balance between the drill holes for smallest configuration is to the largest. That being said, I would believe that my largest config already matches that of Rally Armor, while the smallest matches Honda's OEM splash guard for regular Civic (the 3D guards that wrap around the sides, not just a sheet). These are how I'm going to try to deliver you the product. If you prefer even more closed in (CC: @Thawk) I would suggest that you sand a bit more of the drill holes horizontally, following my oblong shaped holes. Just know that if you ever extend the rock guards outward means:
1. You may expose those holes, making them look kinda ugly.
2. Aerodynamics? (Granted that adding this may already slightly add to that factor)
All and all, yeah I do think these adjustments seem minimal. I do still like the fact that if you ever go auto-crossing, you can adjust these (at least the front ones) out to the max, and when you attend a Cars and Coffee, you can tuck them in for a better look lol.
FRONT-GUARD-VIEW.png

FRONT-GUARD-SIDE-VIEW.png

REAR-GUARD-VIEW.png

FRONT-GUARD-SIDE-VIEW-2.png

BTW, The final height of these rock guards have been revised from 15" to 16".
Great job on the perfect camera angles for each set up. I definitely prefer the small setting, but even at the large setting, they're still not as gaudy as the RA ones. That being said:

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM-inspired, Minimalist, Adjustable CTR Rock Guards takemymoney

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
Nice - lookin great. I like the small look. Well done man.
Sponsored