OEM Honda Hatchback Splashguards

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Now that Honda is making splashguards for the Sport hatch has anyone modified a set for the R? I assume it will require less modification then the sedan splash guards.
Hoping to get something guards on the car to prevent rocker panel chips.
Sponsored

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
I have daily driven the CTR since December 2017 and have had no issues or need for splash guards. I think if it was absolutely needed, Honda would have made a set for the CTR but in my honest opinion, I do not think they are needed.
BUT if Honda were to release them I wouldn't mind a set given how hot those pieces are for older model civic's I wouldn't mind buying a few sets and stashing them away...hehe...

OP
OP
RP2000R

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have daily driven the CTR since December 2017 and have had no issues or need for splash guards. I think if it was absolutely needed, Honda would have made a set for the CTR but in my honest opinion, I do not think they are needed.
BUT if Honda were to release them I wouldn't mind a set given how hot those pieces are for older model civic's I wouldn't mind buying a few sets and stashing them away...hehe...

My car is only driven when nice and already getting chips on the rockers.
Local shop wanted $6-700 to wrap with xpel.

Itskikefk8

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Where can I find this splashguards for honda type R?

childishthing

Chief Hamster Wrangler
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (sold), 2018 Civic Type R (sold), 2020 Civic Si (current)
Country flag
I'm also interested in oem splash guards... anyone going to chime in? OPs thread kind of got off-topic

OP
OP
RP2000R

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm also interested in oem splash guards... anyone going to chime in? OPs thread kind of got off-topic
I really wanna try them and if you look at the Sport hatch guards they have to be a close fit/minimal modifications to fit.

I may roll the dice and order a set.
I’ll update if so...

KeepItLow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I really wanna try them and if you look at the Sport hatch guards they have to be a close fit/minimal modifications to fit.

I may roll the dice and order a set.
I’ll update if so...
I actually bought the OEM mudflaps for Sport Hatch, the shape is totally different and impossible to mod to fit. I made my own instead! :)

OP
OP
RP2000R

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I actually bought the OEM mudflaps for Sport Hatch, the shape is totally different and impossible to mod to fit. I made my own instead! :)

Ahhhhh got ya.
What did you do to make a set?

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Honda CR-V
Country flag

The need becomes more apparent when you run aftermarket wheels that are flush with the fenders.

childishthing

Chief Hamster Wrangler
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (sold), 2018 Civic Type R (sold), 2020 Civic Si (current)
Country flag
I really want an OEM solution. I don't like the look of those rally style mudflaps.