ctl

First Name
ctl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2017 BMW 430i gran coupe, 2020 BMW X3 M40i, 1991 CRX SI
Country flag
I installed a oem homelink in my 2018 civic si using a 2009-2014 Honda Pilot homelink assembly that I bought off eBay for $44.77 shipped off eBay. I wired it up without cutting or tapping into existing wires by using the breadboard female to male wires like in the previous post by other members on this forum.
Heres my finished product after a few sprays of rustloleum acrylic enamel flat black paint which matches 99%

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install IMG_0717

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how do you make sure you get one with the blue light? does anyone know what light bulb that is??!?!?!

Cargo

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This mod, with all the pics and diagrams is soooo easy to do. took about 10 minutes of effort. If anyone wants a few of the bread board leads, I have ton of left overs. PM me with request and snail mail address and I will send you 4, 2 are all that is necessary, 2 can be for in case of a screw up. I snapped the male end off of 1 as they are kind of fragile. I ended up attaching with a bead of solder instead of pushing in and leaving them be kept in tension with plastic channel.

brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring Sedan
I recently got my part out of a 2016 pilot. The plastic molding all looks right, the grey is pretty close. Homelink and microphone modules screws in there, but it seems that the homelink module is a bit different. There are 7 pins on the connector, instead of 5. Would anyone happen to know how to make up the connections? I bought a 5 pin connector plug for the homelink module, but of course that doesn't work.

Deepak J

First Name
Deepak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatch, 2014 Audi A7 Sportback Premium
Country flag
I recently got my part out of a 2016 pilot. The plastic molding all looks right, the grey is pretty close. Homelink and microphone modules screws in there, but it seems that the homelink module is a bit different. There are 7 pins on the connector, instead of 5. Would anyone happen to know how to make up the connections? I bought a 5 pin connector plug for the homelink module, but of course that doesn't work.
Can you post a pic of the harness or pigtail

brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring Sedan
So, as an update, I have located a seller on ebay who has the newer plug to use on my homelink module. He's been very helpful, so I should have that in a few days. After some research on honda's online wiring diagrams, the pinout is very similar to what is detailed in the first posting of this thread, however you just skip the first two pins and the rest is the same:

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install socket_with_pinout_for_forum-L

This is the module, from a 2016 Honda Pilot Touring:
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install 2018080919170405-IMG_7631-L

The plug I bought on ebay:
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install IMG_7636-M

Overall, a nice option to add to a car that had everything else.
Thanks to the OP for great info!

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM HomeLink Install IMG_7631-L

Last edited:

ebang

First Name
Errol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic
Country flag
Hey guys. I set mine up a while back but wasn't able to get the lights to light up on the control. Guess I didn't wire it up correctly. I used the breadboard wires and probably place them in the right place on the console. Anyone have a diagram with the wiring on the console? I didn't not splice into any wires.

brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring Sedan
Hey guys. I set mine up a while back but wasn't able to get the lights to light up on the control. Guess I didn't wire it up correctly. I used the breadboard wires and probably place them in the right place on the console. Anyone have a diagram with the wiring on the console? I didn't not splice into any wires.
Ebang, does the LED indicator for the unit illuminate, and not the LED's on the buttons? If its just the illumination on the buttons, remember LED's are diodes, and the polarity matters. Meaning, you may have those two wires for illumination backwards.

itbedave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe a silly question - but has anyone who's done this mode noticed any difference in the quality of the microphone that you are also replacing by using an older mic? As someone who's already frustrated with Android Auto, I'm concerned about degrading the quality of the mic in any way. Thanks in advance!

ebang

First Name
Errol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic
Country flag
Yeah when I press the the button the homelink lights blinks. It's the illumination that does not light up.

brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring Sedan
Yeah when I press the the button the homelink lights blinks. It's the illumination that does not light up.
Do you have a moonroof? The easiest way is to tap those wires for the illumination.

brett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring Sedan
Maybe a silly question - but has anyone who's done this mode noticed any difference in the quality of the microphone that you are also replacing by using an older mic? As someone who's already frustrated with Android Auto, I'm concerned about degrading the quality of the mic in any way. Thanks in advance!
I have noticed no difference - have had my wife call me from the car and it seems the same to me.
Sponsored