OEM floor mats are CHEAP!

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LSM Civic Coupe Touring
I bought these heel pads to protect the mats. The rest of the mat should hold up OK. My last car had a built heel mat. I am not a big fan of rubber mats as they always look dirty to me. Hopefully these will extend the life of my mats. $1.89 each for the medium plus flat rate shipping. I ordered 3 so I have backups.
http://www.heelpadwarehouse.com/
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM floor mats are CHEAP! 106_zoom
Sponsored

16extsense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T with Sensing
Country flag
Yeah, I don't know with OP's mat. At 1000 miles, mine is closer too looking like new.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could be wrong, but I think the reason the stock floor mats are made "cheap", is that they know most people are gonna change them anyway, so why bother.

Even though mine have held up good on my last couple of Civics.

finalnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I could be wrong, but I think the reason the stock floor mats are made "cheap", is that they know most people are gonna change them anyway, so why bother.

Even though mine have held up good on my last couple of Civics.
Mats were the one big downgrade for me on this car compared to my old Sonata. Had the factory carpet mats in my Sonata for 6 years and they held up good.

arampapaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LSM Civic Coupe Touring
Mats were the one big downgrade for me on this car compared to my old Sonata. Had the factory carpet mats in my Sonata for 6 years and they held up good.
I agree. My Mazdas had great mats, with a heel pad, the civic mats are just about the cheapest mats I've ever seen. Not all OEM are like this.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I am probably odd on this, but we had either the accessory carpet mats (they were great and we always bought them) or the factory carpet mats in all nine of our Honda/Acura cars from purchase to disposition. (48+ ownership years.) We only ever had winter mats for one of these.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
The first thing I do when I get a new car is put the OEM mats in storage. I usually get the weather tech or husky brand.

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
Even leasing it and watching costs VERY closely, I'm okay with the $120 for high wall mats. Just one of those protection costs along with Scotchgard or Leather Conditioner. It's not like we are talking about cheap leather or cloth seats which WOULD be a huge deal.

asdf916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP
Country flag
Not a fan of the all-weather stuff. Got some Lloyd mats and my bare feet loves it.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After 13.5k miles, mine are shockingly intact (a little dirty tho) and show only a little wear, mine are holding up much better compared to others in this thread. *shrug*

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
That's terrible, it looks like you've been wearing boots with Spurs.
LOLOLLLOLLlll

I got weather tech liners..Love them. and i put a walfarts 6.00 rug in it. wash when needing it and toss when old.

spicycho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX sedan w/ sensing
I never even took the plastic off my stock mats, had swapped them out with Husky mats within a week of getting the car.

BarryG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6 spd man sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM floor mats are CHEAP! floor mat
I understand that floor mats aren't generally a deciding factor when purchasing a car, but as a new car owner, shouldn't we all expect the mats to last longer than 800 miles? I already purchased and installed some Weathertech mats and won't need front OEM mats, but that's not really my point as a consumer. The OEM mats are already worn down to the bottom of the mat after just a month! I've had older Honda OEM mats that lasted for years and other than looking somewhat dirty, they held up a heck of a lot better than these napkin-thin garbage mats that are in the Civic.

For those of you that keep the OEM mats in your car, have you had issues like this as well?

I attached a couple of photos of these mats that I took at just under 800 miles on my car. A friend of mine that was in my car thought that I had kept my mats from my previous car because these looked like garbage.

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1251.JPG
Add me to the list those who are completely dissatisfied with the floor mats. At 6500 miles and 16 months, the driver side floor mat is almost completely worn through at the point where my heel sits in line with the gas pedal. This is a design defect, and should be remedied at no cost by Honda. I am not a fan of rubber or smooth plastic floor mats, and have never had them in 55 years of driving. The stock floor mats in my 1999 Accord held up for 17 years; the driver's floor mat in the Accord showed wear, but had not yet worn all the way through.
Sponsored

Last edited: