OEM floor mats are CHEAP!

MelvinK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I have 600 miles and a ton of fuzzballs and worn out mat already. My 95 civic floor mats lasted almost 15 years before they "wore through". Terrible. But then again, they tried to make a $20-25k car more premium, so they had to skimp on something. I'm just hoping this car lasts long enough for me to get a Tesla Model 3 in a few years.
Sponsored

tcl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T SOLD June 2016
Vehicle Showcase
....There's already a large amount of wear from my heal at 270 miles! ...
I noticed wear in that same spot around the same mileage when I took them out to install the Weathertechs. At first I found it hard to believe the reports of such extreme premature wear that I was reading here. Now I've seen it first hand. I think Honda should not have included floor mats in the base price of the car but made them a paid option and offered high quality carpeted mats for that extra charge. That way customers would have the choice of long lasting carpet, a rubberized option, or mats from a third party.

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Does anyone have recommendations for a 3rd party replacement carpet style floor mat? Are the Lloyd mats ones any good?

I don't live in a place that has a lot of snow, so rubber seems like overkill.

slick316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, 2017 Mercedes E300 4Matic
Country flag
Does anyone have recommendations for a 3rd party replacement carpet style floor mat? Are the Lloyd mats ones any good?

I don't live in a place that has a lot of snow, so rubber seems like overkill.
I have Lloyds Mats in my Corvette, they are fantastic. I am considering getting some for my Civic as well.

dtccivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Cool - could you post back when you buy them and let us know how they fit?

Also, which Lloyd model would you use? And which distributor offers the best price?

slick316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, 2017 Mercedes E300 4Matic
Country flag
Cool - could you post back when you buy them and let us know how they fit?

Also, which Lloyd model would you use? And which distributor offers the best price?
I bought the Ultimats for the Vette, they are plenty thick and seem to be holding up well (the Luxe are the thickest ones). I have roughly 8k miles on mine, was daily driving the Vette until I bought the Civic. They do embroidery, but don't seem to have the licensing to do Honda emblems. I'm going to email them to see if they can embroider Civic into them.

Here are some pics of the ones for the Vette:

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM floor mats are CHEAP! IMG_0032_zpsch4b7y9

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM floor mats are CHEAP! IMG_0031_zps5gatq6ec

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM floor mats are CHEAP! TrunkMat_zpsfhqerfsd

astein244@

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic LX Manual,1995 Civic Del Sol SI 278k,1995 BMW M3 5 speed (rip),1992 SC300 5 speedl(rip),2005 Is300 5 speed(rip)
At least they didn't charge you for them like most manufactures

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
At least they didn't charge you for them like most manufactures
I'd much rather they charged for them and made them high quality like they used to.

astein244@

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic LX Manual,1995 Civic Del Sol SI 278k,1995 BMW M3 5 speed (rip),1992 SC300 5 speedl(rip),2005 Is300 5 speed(rip)
When weathertech costs as much as factory why would people charge? Give cheap cloth mats and offer an all season/ weather tech. Makes sense to me. Vs them selling you the same mats for $299 and then wanting another $299 for all seasons.

Also I asked the shop and the porters if they have seen anything like this before. The Answer was definitely not.

(call your salemen and see if he can grab you new mats, if you gave him a low survey score your most likely out of luck.)

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
But I don't want good all weather mats. If I did, there are numerous choices. (Also don't have the car yet. Supposedly built this week. 6-8 weeks to get here… Maybe we will have better results from the carpet mats than others are reporting.)

Last edited:

Akirazstylin

Spread a little aloha wherever you go!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM floor mats are CHEAP! ima
I understand that floor mats aren't generally a deciding factor when purchasing a car, but as a new car owner, shouldn't we all expect the mats to last longer than 800 miles? I already purchased and installed some Weathertech mats and won't need front OEM mats, but that's not really my point as a consumer. The OEM mats are already worn down to the bottom of the mat after just a month! I've had older Honda OEM mats that lasted for years and other than looking somewhat dirty, they held up a heck of a lot better than these napkin-thin garbage mats that are in the Civic.

For those of you that keep the OEM mats in your car, have you had issues like this as well?

I attached a couple of photos of these mats that I took at just under 800 miles on my car. A friend of mine that was in my car thought that I had kept my mats from my previous car because these looked like garbage.
Get some HUSKY liners