OEM FK8 Grille Question

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all - had a question about the OEM grille on the Type R.

Since the grilles are interchangeable between FC1/FC3/FK8, I was looking into the possibilities of installing an FK8 grille on my Si. I tried out one of the honeycomb high flow grilles, but ended up not liking it and swapped back to the stock Si grille for now. The Type R grille seems like the best of both worlds, by providing an OEM look while increasing air flow compared to the stock Si grille.

My main question is:
  • Is the Type R badge removable? I'd obviously want to have my Si badge on there, but I haven't been able to figure out if there is a "plate" for the Type R badge or not. Some of the pics I've seen without the badge it looks like there is a dedicated place for the badge built into the grille that the badge adheres to. The Si badge can be removed from the grille, but wasn't sure if that was the same for the Type R.
Any insight would be helpful. If anyone has a close-up shot of the Type R badge on the grille that would be awesome as well. Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
TypeR logo is like fitted into the grill. Badge is double sided taped on. If you remove the typeR badge you’ll see the “imbedded backing plate” into the grill. If that makes sense