Ctoner2653

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So currently my 2019 has ktuner 19/23 map with mishimoto intake and the little torque solutions BOV. My question is should I replace my clutch? I haven’t felt any slipping yet but it definitely drives a bit weird sometimes, the cars a bit more jumpy at lower gears if I’m not flooring it, it’ll seem like I dropped the clutch even though I haven’t. Essentially should I upgrade my clutch before any other upgrades? Also what clutch would y’all recommend if I don’t plan on adding much more performance. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

bnb0523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So currently my 2019 has ktuner 19/23 map with mishimoto intake and the little torque solutions BOV. My question is should I replace my clutch? I haven’t felt any slipping yet but it definitely drives a bit weird sometimes, the cars a bit more jumpy at lower gears if I’m not flooring it, it’ll seem like I dropped the clutch even though I haven’t. Essentially should I upgrade my clutch before any other upgrades? Also what clutch would y’all recommend if I don’t plan on adding much more performance. Thanks in advance!
Maybe it's better to get rid of the non-OEM BOV.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Also it’s literally just a little soundplate
The OEM bypass valve ties in with the ECU and fuel sensors pretty heavily. If you insist on keeping an aftermarket one on there just know it is likely to cause an issue at some point and that nobody here is going to say its ok.
If you search the forum threads here you can find a rather large post with details behind it.

Just a heads up.

As far as the clutch goes, if its not slipping and you arent continuing to add power then why replace it early?

OP
OP

Ctoner2653

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The OEM bypass valve ties in with the ECU and fuel sensors pretty heavily. If you insist on keeping an aftermarket one on there just know it is likely to cause an issue at some point and that nobody here is going to say its ok.
If you search the forum threads here you can find a rather large post with details behind it.

Just a heads up.
Oh woah really I didn’t know that, thank you for the heads up. Would a pro tune fix that or help that?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Ditch the BOV and put it back to stock.

For your clutch, have you been using boost in overdriven gears? If so, expect a clutch replacement sooner than later.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Oh woah really I didn’t know that, thank you for the heads up. Would a pro tune fix that or help that?
A tune via hondata or ktuner cannot fix it. You would need to go full standalone like motec, and also pay to have the fueling controlled by MAP instead of MAF. The BOV topic has been covered extensively on this forum. Hell I have a link in my sig explaining why. Do your research and make an educated choice.

OP
OP

Ctoner2653

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

For your clutch, have you been using boost in overdriven gears? If so, expect a clutch replacement sooner than later.
So no reason to have a aftermarket BOV? With just the little torque solution one? Didn’t realize it would have such a big impact on it. And what do you mean by “using boost in overdriven gears”?

bnb0523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So no reason to have a aftermarket BOV? With just the little torque solution one? Didn’t realize it would have such a big impact on it. And what do you mean by “using boost in overdriven gears”?
Don't go WOT or floor the throttle on 5th and 6th gears (overdrive gears). If you wish to pick up speed better downshift (with proper rev match) to 4th or 3rd.

OP
OP

Ctoner2653

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Don't go WOT or floor the throttle on 5th and 6th gears (overdrive gears). If you wish to pick up speed better downshift (with proper rev match) to 4th or 3rd.
Ah okay yeah that’s what I figured you meant, thank you for the heads up.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag

Ive heard this a few times, but I don’t buy it. Why would making a lot of boost in 5th and 6th gear cause friction wear on the clutch if it’s not causing it to slip? Or does it cause strain on some other part of the clutch?

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
well fuck. I've been pretty much hooning it in 4th gear on the highways and I feel like my shits all jumpy in the lower gears. FML.

I've hit 25 psi in 4th quite a few times with no issues so far, but i would say its always around or after 4500 rpm and no lower. 5th and 6th I wouldn't do that to though.

By the time you are done going WOT in 4th you should be looking for cops and not worried about going faster, at least around here for sure lol.
Sponsored