First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EF9 DC2 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They look like part of the pillars. It never crosses my mind that they are overlays especially with the mirrors.

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
based on the pics you sent, it looks like the carbon B Pillars do not cover the entire B Pillar correct?

OP
OP

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EF9 DC2 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
based on the pics you sent, it looks like the carbon B Pillars do not cover the entire B Pillar correct?
Correct. It actually makes it look like a recessed piece.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
OK, I installed mine last week. I won't post pics since the panels look exactly like the photos heretofore posted above. Very impressed with the quality, fit and finish. You'd expect that from OEM, but still. I do wish that the carbon panels were totally flush with the red metal(?) trim. Of course, I am being picky, no one else would notice that. That's one (small) minus for the overlay aspect.

To me, all this discussion here about the pieces being an overlay is a little ridiculous. Let's say that Honda sold actual full CF panel pieces - CF surface would have to be glued onto "base" plastic pieces for the needed thickness and durability, and to keep the prices reasonable. So, an overlay is really not that much different in concept.

The bottom line - are the red CF panels better than the OEM crap fake CF? Hells yes. I couldn't stand that junk, and am so elated to not have to look at it every day.

These panels were very expensive, but they were definitely worth it for me. I didn't install the shifter surround - I sold that to a member - just my personal taste. Shop around for better prices (tip: Google the part number 08Z03-TEA-100)

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
I wish I could see this in person. I want them mainly for the shifter area overlay. I can’t stand looking at the garbage plastic that’s there. But if the other ones don’t fully meet the red trimming and there’s a gap, doesn’t that make it look tacky? I could be wrong. I love how it looks from far. As far as the installation, primer is required. Is primer removable if I end up not liking them or whatever?