OEM Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces installed

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
It's not even about fake vs real CF for me, either. What makes me mad is that they're just overlays yet $2500 is what other OEMs charge for actual factory carbon fiber trim. I have no idea how the adhesive or clearcoat is going to hold up when I have to park my CTR outside in the middle 100°F+ summers here in Dallas. I probably would have gotten this if it had been a Honda trim option and not an OEM accessory.
Sponsored

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Audis interior peices are the same and the hold up very well. As for exterior even real carbon fade over time due to sun..

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M3CS / 2017 Chevy Tahoe Z71
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, did you have to remove the old fake carbon pieces or you just stuck the new carbon ones on top?
IMO, from zooming in to review the pics they are installed on top as I did mine.
Specifically if you zoom in on the Shifter trim I believe I can see that the old trim is still there.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As mentioned in this thread it is an overlay.
Yes, but in the OEM Honda instructions they instruct to remove the fake trim before installing the C/F trim.
I did not, as I felt overlaying the piece's on top would result in a better final fit.

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R 2020 Toyota Supra
Country flag
Yes, but in the OEM Honda instructions they instruct to remove the fake trim before installing the C/F trim.
I did not, as I felt overlaying the piece's on top would result in a better final fit.
Great answer, so Honda says that we should remove the old trim , cool, how does it look overall on yours without removing the trim?

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Gotcha. I didn't look at the instructions, just recalled the comments and found them in the thread.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
My instruction specifically said to clean surface really good before applying the adhesive enhancer, then tape the CF to the cleaned surface with the adhesive enhancer...and I believe my instruction was from College Hills Honda. All the CF parts have no taps or any kind of pins, so definitely not "clipped" on parts...take a look at the below picture...that entire piece left of the shifter boot will need to be CF if this is truly "remove" and "install new". All the CF are designed to be overlays, as there are no clips or screws hole...just a thin piece of very well made CF. :) second picture is just center panel piece with new boot. Added back side of CF piece.
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces installed IMG_1456
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces installed IMG_1458
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces installed IMG_1403

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my instruction was from College Hills Honda
Thanks for the pics!
Those are the instructions I used but reading thru them is misleading because it says to remove the trim.
I attached them here.

Anyways...after I test fitting the pieces, I found that they fit perfect...so I did what it appears you have done too. Cleaned everything using the alcohol pads included; used the adhesive pad as instructed & performed the install. Final fit is perfect and I love the way it looks.
*btw...UFO CTR, your alcantara boot is sick!

Attachments

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Thanks for the pics!
Those are the instructions I used but reading thru them is misleading because it says to remove the trim.
I attached them here.

Anyways...after I test fitting the pieces, I found that they fit perfect...so I did what it appears you have done too. Cleaned everything using the alcohol pads included; used the adhesive pad as instructed & performed the install. Final fit is perfect and I love the way it looks.
*btw...UFO CTR, your alcantara boot is sick!
I was concern about having to tear apart the dash to install the CF pieces, so needless to say, I was happy to just stick them on. The shift boot is cool...I did it to match my steering wheel from Dream. During disassembly, I was worry the CF piece had to be removed in order to remove the OEM shift boot. Wow! I was so glad there were just enough room. :)

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
did you guys blue tape or put masking tape around the areas indicated in the instructions?
Sponsored