OEM Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces installed

00fk7

First Name
Ronan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback MT
no but I certainly didn't pay good $$$ for people to call what I buy fake! there are people out there that just refuse to think before they talk...and as such, as soon as they open their mouths, the had already offended others. I don't have issue with people saving $$$, but I do have issue with people not thinking before they speak...it makes them look cheap and stupid.
I guess I just don't understand why him thinking it looks cheap hurts your feelings. Seems like you have some real issues if you let something that stupid offend you. The fact is Honda is fucking you hard and you're taking it with a smile. The car was already overpriced assuming you didnt pay a stupid mark up, which you probably did. And now on top of that you are paying 2,500 to cover up the fake carbon you paid for with real carbon overlays :banghead:.
Sponsored

OP
OP

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EF9 DC2 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most car makers are selling carbon inserts at a premium. It’s just that when you think of a Civic, it’s an economy car. Being an economy car you don’t anticipate paying $1500 to get your interior decked out in Carbon. I get that and that’s fine. You can get a nice fake Rolex or Tag Heuer. There’s a market for it. But for those who want to get the real deal, they’re here.

I have a some friends who drive S4’s, M3’s, F-Types and they have all laughed when I (jokingly) told them they could have just got some eBay special to complete their interior.

There’s an “ohhhh shit” factor when you get in and see these.

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces installed C129D76C-7E82-4718-9438-5FD51FC321F2

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
and the "ohhhh fuq" factor when you look at your bank account.

j/k. I probably won't get any of the carbon stuff except for the wing. Also I don't like how it's all plastic around the shifter surround trim so I may get that. Wing is definitely more priority though.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
and the "ohhhh fuq" factor when you look at your bank account.

j/k. I probably won't get any of the carbon stuff except for the wing. Also I don't like how it's all plastic around the shifter surround trim so I may get that. Wing is definitely more priority though.
you're right about the stick shock, but the bright side is we buy only one time!

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Most car makers are selling carbon inserts at a premium. It’s just that when you think of a Civic, it’s an economy car. Being an economy car you don’t anticipate paying $1500 to get your interior decked out in Carbon. I get that and that’s fine. You can get a nice fake Rolex or Tag Heuer. There’s a market for it. But for those who want to get the real deal, they’re here.

I have a some friends who drive S4’s, M3’s, F-Types and they have all laughed when I (jokingly) told them they could have just got some eBay special to complete their interior.

C129D76C-7E82-4718-9438-5FD51FC321F2.jpeg
Its definately something to see in person, in person these pieces pop, in pics not as much. Im getting them once available here..

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yes they are overlays but they're not stickers. they are actual carbon pieces that you just double side tape on over your existing one.

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
yes they are overlays but they're not stickers. they are actual carbon pieces that you just double side tape on over your existing one.
Wait really? It's not even a replacement - just stuck on top? :(

I was about to ask how difficult it was to disassemble and replace them. Even though real CF is often nice, somehow doesn't feel as good knowing it's just tacked on to the face. I know it's not really about weight saving or strength adding when it's a part of the interior, but this just feels bad. Fit and finishing is surprisingly good given that fact though

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Wait really? It's not even a replacement - just stuck on top? :(

I was about to ask how difficult it was to disassemble and replace them. Even though real CF is often nice, somehow doesn't feel as good knowing it's just tacked on to the face. I know it's not really about weight saving or strength adding when it's a part of the interior, but this just feels bad. Fit and finishing is surprisingly good given that fact though
My reaction was the same, but they do look good tho!

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone explain to me how these pieces are "fake carbon?" Is the sheet inside the resin not carbon fiber?

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
Can someone explain to me how these pieces are "fake carbon?" Is the sheet inside the resin not carbon fiber?
I don't think anyone is saying they are fake. I think someone said it "looks" fake. Most of the comments about fake carbon are referring to the existing plastic trim

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I don't think anyone is saying they are fake. I think someone said it "looks" fake. Most of the comments about fake carbon are referring to the existing plastic trim
na, couple guys here probably didn't even consider buying the official Honda OEM carbon, but as soon as 02220 posted the pictures, they start talking shit, like "oh the red polyester makes it look fake", or something of such...the way I see it, if these guys are not willing to spend the $$$, then they shouldn't talk shit!

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
na, couple guys here probably didn't even consider buying the official Honda OEM carbon, but as soon as 02220 posted the pictures, they start talking shit, like "oh the red polyester makes it look fake", or something of such...the way I see it, if these guys are not willing to spend the $$$, then they shouldn't talk shit!
So let me get this straight... They are replacement pieces, not just overlays... Correct? Also, people are pissed because the carbon fiber has some red fibers in it? I think that's quite fitting for the Type R. The interior looks good to me, but the problem with exterior carbon fiber is the resin tends to haze over time due to UV exposure. That would be my only gripe.

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
I'm not sure that's right.

People don't have to have money to express their opinion - the pics invite feedback. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy or not buy, some people think it looks bad - that's ok. No need to get fired up over it.
Sponsored