Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
No passenger has noted anything. I’m OCD but the coverage of that piece has never bothered me. But if you have any doubts, you should send it back while you can.

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces installed 8C75EBF6-C894-4347-8CEE-E91FBC4B9310

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces installed 6795F5F8-4853-4CB1-8F7A-D9B40D71EFB4

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces installed 84AFADFF-1AA6-4D61-9167-5D87DC9A20FE

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
honestly the fitment is great for everything except for the shifter console area. i can live with it. it's not too bad. it is only in the top areas where it bends on both driver and passenger sides

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
honestly the fitment is great for everything except for the shifter console area. i can live with it. it's not too bad. it is only in the top areas where it bends on both driver and passenger sides
For some reason your photos don’t show the cutout. Can you take a photo in a way that it shows?

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces installed 6941F07C-B114-4BED-B83A-DC129C580EA3 I am not sure what you mean exactly by cut out, but here is a picture from above, showing behind the head unit display. I haven’t been able to take a good photo to show the bottom part of the CF trim to enable you to distinguish where it ends. You would be able to see the end point of the top portion only.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
6941F07C-B114-4BED-B83A-DC129C580EA3.jpeg I am not sure what you mean exactly by cut out, but here is a picture from above, showing behind the head unit display. I haven’t been able to take a good photo to show the bottom part of the CF trim to enable you to distinguish where it ends. You would be able to see the end point of the top portion only.
Think he wants to see a photo from the right looking left.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
@Mick the Quick if you look at my photo, the passenger side has a cutout. From all the photos you’ve shown, yours does not seem to have a cut out. The cutout is hideous, take a photo from the angle of the passenger side seat belt. I basically want to see where it ends behind the infotainment. In the copy I got, it’s HIDEOUS.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
I returned them and got my refund. The fitment issues are unacceptable for oem. Especially at their obscene price. Let me eBayify my car but for $1000 instead of $12 + shipping kinda thing.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SL0, FK8R, GR3
Country flag
I'd like to pep up my interior a little bit and I really like the look of the interior pieces. Who long did people have to wait for them?

Last edited:

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
a parts manager posted in the Facebook "Official FK8 Type R owners group of North America" his department's group discount price of $600 for the interior carbon trim kit. My own research turned up this dealership as the cheapest by far:
https://www.hondapartscheap.com/oem...MIt_Th6N2H3gIVC9tkCh1nIgJ9EAQYBSABEgKh5PD_BwE
Watch out for those schmucks. I ordered and paid for the carbon interior panels from HondaPartsCheap in February of this year for $559.30 because they were the cheapest. By a good margin.

A couple of days later, I get an email stating the order was cancelled due to a pricing error. WTF? How could it be a pricing error when they advertise 30% off MSRP on everything, and that's exactly how much the carbon fiber panels were offered for (IIRC)?

If I had lived in CA (their HQ), I would have gone after them under the state consumer protection law, if only to waste their time and lawyer fee. Clear bait-and-switch and misleading advertisement re 30% off everything.

Good luck, maybe they will honor the price this time.

Reactions: bri

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Watch out for those schmucks. I ordered and paid for the carbon interior panels from HondaPartsCheap in February of this year for $559.30 because they were the cheapest. By a good margin.

A couple of days later, I get an email stating the order was cancelled due to a pricing error. WTF? How could it be a pricing error when they advertise 30% off MSRP on everything, and that's exactly how much the carbon fiber panels were offered for (IIRC)?

If I had lived in CA (their HQ), I would have gone after them under the state consumer protection law, if only to waste their time and lawyer fee. Clear bait-and-switch and misleading advertisement re 30% off everything.

Good luck, maybe they will honor the price this time.
I ordered the trim from them a few days ago. Big surprise here:

"Hello, The item you ordered was not priced correctly on our website. We have cancelled this order and issued a refund. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. Please allow 48 hrs for the refund to show on your bank statement as some banks use different processing systems. Thank you.
--
Customer Service Center
HondaPartsCheap.com"

So i replied asking them what the "correct" price is for the item. Their response was:

"Your price would be $599.25".

Then i asked them:

"OK - i'm sure that was an honest mistake on your part. Will you give me free shipping as a gesture of good will? Thanks!"

"Unfortunately we would not be able to do that, we are always making corrections to our catalog ( as their are availabilities and price changes occurring all the time and we do our best to keep up). If you are interested still in the part, we will send you a price quote."

Seems they are slow to update their prices as Mick got the same bait and switch price in February.

Last edited:

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag