mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
For my 2018 SI Coupe, I plan to purchase the Honda red front lip (OE, part of the HFP offering).

My car is Modern Steel Metallic and the red lip would look great. Even better if I get the red Honda emblems. I understand the OE emblems are installed using double sided tape. Is this secure with respect to potential theft?

Please help.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
The stock chrome emblems are held on by two round clips, #11 in this diagram.....
The red Honda emblems comes with double sided tape.

Bkusza

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
For my 2018 SI Coupe, I plan to purchase the Honda red front lip (OE, part of the HFP offering).

My car is Modern Steel Metallic and the red lip would look great. Even better if I get the red Honda emblems. I understand the OE emblems are installed using double sided tape. Is this secure with respect to potential theft?

Please help.
What exactly do you mean secure from potential theft? I just put front and rear red OEM badges on mine. They are more secure than the badges that come in the car, they came off pretty easily. Either way, if someone wants them bad enough, they’ll get them off.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
What exactly do you mean secure from potential theft? I just put front and rear red OEM badges on mine. They are more secure than the badgimmeant es that come in the car, they came off pretty easily. Either way, if someone wants them bad enough, they’ll get them off.
Can you please confirm if you installed your OEM red badges with double sided tape?

Bkusza

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Can you please confirm if you installed your OEM red badges with double sided tape?
The red badges have 2 pins and 3m tape on the back of them. They arent going anywhere.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One thing is for sure, weather they have pins or not, you can't get those round push washers on without removing the bumper.
Double sided tape is secure but not theft proof.

Bkusza

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
One thing is for sure, weather they have pins or not, you can't get those round push washers on without removing the bumper.
Double sided tape is secure but not theft proof.
No matter what they are not going be “theft proof” I got both front and rear emblems off using a credit card and a plastic pry tool, no broken pins.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
No matter what they are not going be “theft proof” I got both front and rear emblems off using a credit card and a plastic pry tool, no broken pins.
I read from here that while trying to remove the original emblem, the pin would break off. The broken piece would stay in the hole......

Bkusza

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I read from here that while trying to remove the original emblem, the pin would break off. The broken piece would stay in the hole......
Honda Civic 10th gen OE red emblems 33E2264E-A3E3-4649-9407-FD9E1D490FD1

Honda Civic 10th gen OE red emblems FC8EFCD1-868F-41B0-A18F-EB4A0448816F

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since you have a Coupe, and I don't see where anyone here has mentioned it yet ...
When ordering the Red badges, make sure you order (2) Front badges, because on the Coupe, the rear badge is the same size as the front badge.
Just one of the MANY differences between the Coupes and Sedan/Hatchbacks!
(congrats on the MSM Si Coupe!)

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I just bought 2 red emblems from the dealership for my SI coupe.

Parts number = 75700-TGH-A01
Sponsored